PDA

View Full Version : Weather Boards

Dozey Dougy
4th September 2005, 01:13 PM
I would like to cut severeal pieces of timber so that they sit flush against weather boards. Any suggestions that will help me mark the piece to be cut accurately? Love to hear from you.

Dozey Doug:confused:

Daddles
4th September 2005, 01:50 PM
Dozey, this is the BOAT section - ya might want to move it to where the right people will see it (not me for starters, didn't even realise it was a problem :rolleyes: ).

Richard

Dozey Dougy
4th September 2005, 02:03 PM
Dear Daddles

Thanks for the reply. I am finding my way around here and have put a listing in the renovations section

Good luck with the boats

Dozey

Iain
4th September 2005, 05:26 PM
Clinker built boats are weatherboards, aren't they? :rolleyes:

Daddles
5th September 2005, 12:17 AM

Yeah, and they play polo on donkeys :D :rolleyes:

Richard

Wild Dingo
6th September 2005, 06:25 PM

:D :D okay I'll bite too... eerr Iain?... no they aint :p

And I was once told by a "boatbuilder" that you should build a boat with tongue and groove boards! :eek: ah well takes all sorts :rolleyes: Like I said to a mate who built a concrete boat awhile back... geez sport thats a great moorin you got there :D

Iain
6th September 2005, 06:48 PM
Boomvang is a type of snake
Sheet is a sail
Catameringue is a desert
Hull is what you does to peas
Bow is what you do to the skipper
And why do we need to weigh the anchor every time we leave port? is it shrinking or something?
Cheers, Iain , with two Sydney Hobarts under his belt. :D :D :D :D

Daddles
6th September 2005, 09:47 PM
And he still plays polo on ruddy donkeys :D

Go away ya stirrer. We don't let your sort in these hallowed halls, except Shane, and me, and Christopha, and ... oh stuffit. Come on, tell us about these Squidley Hobarts you sailed in. :confused:

Richard

Iain
6th September 2005, 10:00 PM
1968-1969 four winds II,. RAAF entry.Also Flying Dutcthman single handers Port Phillip- Bay.
Also designed self inflating life jackets for RFD Australia.
Gloat over :D :D :D
Now, back to weatherboards for clinkers :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

echnidna
6th September 2005, 10:29 PM
Now, back to weatherboards for clinkers :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What color do you paint the corrugated iron roof? :cool:

Daddles
7th September 2005, 12:09 AM
What color do you paint the corrugated iron roof? :cool:

Mission Brown - same as the rust :D

Richard

Wild Dingo
7th September 2005, 01:34 AM
AND???...

They still play polo on donkeys!! :D

Onto more seriass matters!! :eek: yes indeedy seriass I be right now :cool:

See Ive always hankered to get aboard one of the seagoin bungarras an do the mighty snotty to hooters run :cool: so aside from havin a shiteload of moola to pass over to some snottynosed rich bastard or a really brown nose both of which I dont have nor intend to... how does one get aboard one of them bungarras?

I was yarnin with a mate over that way awhile back and seems theres moves afoot to have a "wildcard" entry in either the next one or the one after depends when the boat gets finished and when I can get my bum over that way both rather iffy subjects just now :rolleyes:... but how does one put in a wildcard entry?... actually I suggested we just race alongside the bastards and beat them!! Now wouldnt that poke a pukey pork sausage up their proverbial proboscuses! :D

No! no! I am seriass here mates!! I AM!! I just reckon that an old fashioned boat built by hand of timber with a grand ol gaff rig would beat the snot outta those gayblades in the snotty to hooters! even if the weather turns foul we would still win :cool:... In fact we would win even faster cause all them plastic dunny pots would break up while our loverly ol wooden boat would just take it in its stride an sail on into hooters... to the hoots an cheers of the Tazweejian crowd :D

Hey!! Daddles I was just thinkin as I wrote that we may well need an extra set of hands mate you wanna be it? boats gonna be called the "laughin kookaburra" instead of a foghorn we will have a recordin on a loud speaker of a kookaburra laughin its head off as we slip past all those dunny pots :D :cool:

Anyway in all seriassness I ask this of the polo donkey playin one ;)

Daddles
7th September 2005, 01:49 AM
Mate, I've got just the boat for us.

Mind you, we might have to leave the navigator home :D
She does have a lug sail so she's a pukka sail boat. :D

Richard

Iain
7th September 2005, 08:17 AM
This was all back in 68-69 and I suspect things may have changed considerably.
We had our own sailing club and competed with Mirrors up to Flying Dutchmen, the 4 winds II was a 38' timber hull and as slow as a wet week.
Crew was a combination of volunteers and a bit of press ganging of the RAAF's good sailors.
I don't know how the entry was submitted but there was an affilliation with the Royal Yacht Squadron at the time.
It was very much a race open to anyone who wanted to enter at the time and it was shortly after that the 'Big Boys' came in and took over with yachts like Anaconda etc.
Today is very much a different league and I don't think the armed forces have entries any longer.
If they do, sign up for six years and see if you can get in, or, approach the big yacht clubs as they are always looking for willing crew members.
Don't expect to get paid though.

Daddles
7th September 2005, 10:39 AM
... or, approach the big yacht clubs as they are always looking for willing crew members.

I think I spotted a typo - don't you mean 'silly crew members' :D

Come on, how about war stories. Like the time you ran over the Oberon class sub in 68, and the toilet paper incident in 69 :cool:

Richard

Iain
7th September 2005, 07:10 PM
Oberon, poor choice for a name for the Navy.
Reinforces a few myths does it not?
We actually were responsible for sinking the Titanic in our 38'er, when we got lost, it was NOT an iceberg.
The toilet paper incident we shall not mention

echnidna
7th September 2005, 07:26 PM
I think I spotted a typo - don't you mean 'silly crew members' :D

Come on, how about war stories. Like the time you ran over the Oberon class sub in 68, and the toilet paper incident in 69 :cool:

Richard

Seeing as Iain won't mention the Toilet Paper Incident its now up to Richard to enlighten us landlubbers

Daddles
8th September 2005, 01:19 AM
Seeing as Iain won't mention the Toilet Paper Incident its now up to Richard to enlighten us landlubbers

Sorry mate. Iain was a central character in that debacle and so I can not in all sensitivity to his higher feelings discuss the matter on an open forum ;)

Richard