PDA

View Full Version : Stud Wall

spartan
5th September 2005, 12:14 PM
Guys,

As one of my many concurrent projects I am planning on tarting up my workshop shed by putting in some walls to hide all the metal and to give me something to build on to, benchs, cabinets and the like.

I have two questions at this stage:

1. Recommendations for securing the stud walls (I was thinking of dynabolts in the concrete?

2. Plaster, ply, or mdf on the walls?

Regards

Barry_White
5th September 2005, 01:00 PM
Hi Spartan

First of all what type of construction is workshop. Can you post a picture to be able to give a better idea of recommendation

Is this for fixing the stud wall to the concrete floor if so Dynabolts would be fine for that.

As far as cladding MDF or Ply would be better to fix things to in a workshop and if you have heavy items make sure you mark the location of the studs to fix to. The other thing is it easier for plaster to be damaged in a workshop situation.

spartan
5th September 2005, 02:27 PM
The shed is basically, colourbond steel, 6mx6m on a slab with two roller doors as an entrance. I was planning on essentially throwing up some stud walls on three sides and then putting up plaster/ply..

As far as construction sequence, I was probably looking at putting the rear wall up first and then two sides at a latter date.

Barry_White
5th September 2005, 03:36 PM
The shed is basically, colourbond steel, 6mx6m on a slab with two roller doors as an entrance. I was planning on essentially throwing up some stud walls on three sides and then putting up plaster/ply..

As far as construction sequence, I was probably looking at putting the rear wall up first and then two sides at a latter date.

I would bolt the stud wall to the steel frame and dynabolt it to the concrete floor and sheet it with MDF, Chip Board or Ply although dearer than plaster but as I said better to fix things to as long as it is of adequate thickness.

Another advatage is you can hide all your wiring behind it for all your power points.

leeton
5th September 2005, 10:10 PM
I lined the old shed with Chipboard, probably had a lot to do with the fact that I got it for nothing, but it works a treat, gives you a nice sturdy wall to screw or attach things from, also gave it a lick of paint....beautiful..... :)