PDA

View Full Version : Tanner 300mm Thicknesser Manual

Machiel
19th January 2017, 08:46 AM
Hi

Does anyone have a Manual for a Tanner 300mm Thicknesser Circa 1950.

Kind Regards
Machiel

GoFish
6th December 2017, 07:14 PM
Did you have any luck? I'm looking for one too but unfortunately manuals tend to get binned.

woodcrafter
31st January 2018, 12:31 AM
Hi, Machiel, I do not have the manual but after many months ( mid 2016 )of emailing and phone calls around Australia and to New Zealand, where they were made, I was extremely lucky in getting some exploded diagrams of the Tanner 12 inch thicknesser.
Mine had come from a cattle station and I intend to rebuild it. I am sure it must have had a heavy life. I have just sighted your thread 30/01/18

Regards,
Alan

woodcrafter
31st January 2018, 12:40 AM
Hi, Go Fish !, Sheer luck I saw your request. Have not looked at this forum for long over a year. Bought 12 inch Tanner thicknesser ( 2016 ) which came from a cattle station. Intending to rebuild it after a heavy life. After months of chasing I have some exploded diagrams but no manual.

Regards,
Alan

GoFish
17th February 2018, 10:05 AM
Hello Alan,
I'd love a copy if possible. I'm helping a friend who has bought one, converting from 3~ to 1~ plus repairing some damage so any info at all would be appreciated. It will be moving up to the West Coast South island when done so it would be nice to get it 100% and pictures speak loudly.
I'm sure there are others who would like as well, any chance you could scan and post?

Beasponge
2nd December 2018, 02:56 AM
Hello,

Sorry to resurect this thread but I'm also looking for any literature about this machine?

Thanks

Gregcummings
4th January 2019, 10:10 PM
Hi Alan,

I note the thread is very old, however, have not been able to find anything more recent that is of any use. I inherited an old 300mm Tanner Thicknesser from my late Dad. it is missing a few V-belt pulleys and the motor so i am a little lost on what should be installed to ensure the correct output speed.
would you possibly still have those diagrams handy that you spoke of?

Kind Regards

Greg

waggie36
22nd January 2019, 06:14 PM
Hi Beasponge. Did you have any luck with the manual for the Tanner thicknesser. I too am chasing info like pulley sizes etc. cheers. Pete

waggie36
15th February 2019, 05:24 PM
Hi Greg. Do you have any photos of the spur gear pinion pulley set up etc on your machine. Cheers. Waggie36

Bonobo89
18th August 2019, 11:09 PM
Hi guys, I'm a bit late to the party, but is that exploded diagram available still, and also did you guys figure out your pulley ratios? I've just picked up a tanner that is intact and could provide measurements if still needed.

Thanks,

Bonobo

Otto1
26th April 2020, 09:01 PM
I am trying to set up my Tanner thicknesser.
I have cleaned up the in feed roller. I do not know if the bronze casting behind the infeed roller has to be able to travel above the roller or not. Is there a spec for this.
What size should the blades be, Mine as some 3 mm spaces below them to raise them.

dbomb
19th May 2020, 10:51 AM
hi
im on the hunt for a manual for a tanner 12' thicknesser
any leads

tumbyrory
22nd February 2021, 08:20 AM
Hi, I'm new to this forum (any forum for that matter) I have got a 12" Tanner thicknesser & it came with some instructions. I just have to work out how to up load them.

Vann
12th January 2022, 01:50 PM
...I have got a 12" Tanner thicknesser & it came with some instructions...

Hi tumbyrory. Having been on the lookout for a couple of years, I recently took the plunge and bought a Tanner thicknesser. Not 'plug and play' unfortunately.

Thank-you so much for uploading the instructions.

Cheers, Vann.

kiwibum
29th July 2022, 08:09 AM
Hi, Go Fish !, Sheer luck I saw your request. Have not looked at this forum for long over a year. Bought 12 inch Tanner thicknesser ( 2016 ) which came from a cattle station. Intending to rebuild it after a heavy life. After months of chasing I have some exploded diagrams but no manual.

Regards,
Alan

Did these diagrams ever get posted anywhere?

Vann
1st August 2022, 08:18 PM
Did these diagrams ever get posted anywhere?

I don't think anything ever got posted.

But here, hot off the press (just got sent this today by a friend)...

Unfortunately there's no list of the parts - with descriptions.

This is for the later version of the Tanner 12" thicknesser (with variable speed).

Cheers, Vann.

Vann
1st August 2022, 09:35 PM
I was also sent this:

Which leaves me wondering if mine is a GB 165, a GB 160A, or a GP 160B (or a GFB 165 as in the instructions in the link by tumbyrory in post #13 of this thread).

Cheers, Vann.

kiwibum
2nd August 2022, 07:28 AM
Nice thank you. I've just bought one, pick it up later in the week. Funny, I always thought the deck was raised by four turning threaded posts in each corner, now I see it is just one single large post in the middle.