PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Drawer Slides?

dskilton
3rd February 2017, 09:56 PM
I'd like to create Jay's Custom Mitre saw station as seen on You Tube. In the parts list it calls for 23 pairs of drawer slides.
24" Full extension, around 80lb capacity.
Anybody know where to purchase these at sensible prices? Similar to the attached picture.

KBs PensNmore
3rd February 2017, 11:45 PM
Hafele,Address: 29/33 Juna Dr, Malaga WA 6090 Phone:(08) 9249 3833 https://www.hafele.com.au/
Galvin hardware 39 Howe St, Osborne Park WA 6017 Phone:(08) 9446 6333 www.galvinhw.com.au/

Hafele SA is where I used to get mine from, 150- 200 pr every other month. Don't know what the prices are like nowadays.Also got them from Galvin Hardware also in Adelaide,
These businesses sold quality, beware with the imported stuff, not being up to weight quality. Mine were used as fridge slides in 4WD 's and were given a good testing workout.
Kryn

old1955
4th February 2017, 02:23 PM
Welcome to the forum.

bsrlee
7th February 2017, 01:19 AM
I have used Elraco in Sth Australia to purchase drawer slides and other hardware. They have 'flat rate' shipping which can be a big saving vs OzPost.
Australian Online Hardware and Restoration Supplier- Elraco Distributors (http://www.elraco.com.au/)

david.elliott
7th February 2017, 11:36 AM
Just got a couple of sets from...

https://www.indrub.com.au/

Pricing seemed to be OK...

ozka
7th February 2017, 01:57 PM
Hi all. Im new here but this is right up my alley. As a cabinet maker, Im always looking for the best prices. Really pays to shop around and haggle the reps but as a one off, thats not really an option for the non account holder. In Vic, Hafele are trade only, with an abn needed to open an account before you can even see their pricing. But, they do only sell quality, and buy a lot of stuff from them.

As mentioned above, Elraco are pretty good for the one off purchases. But to save a lot, probably close to half, go to artia.com.au (sorry, can't do the link thing) An Australian wide company in all states and NZ. Flick the home page using the 4 dots down low (pages) until you see storeroom catalogue link (AUS, not NZ) It states it expires in dec 2016, but as its still on the website, they are still committing to those prices. Scroll down to full extension slides, 45kg. (non soft close) all sizes. Purchase separately, or in 10 packs for $5-$6 each. (size dependant) Unbeatable. No account needed, just ring and quote item no. Delivery is a flat rate of $15 here in VIC, the motherland.:)

Only problem with this catalogue, is you'll end up buying a heap of other bargains that are very hard to beat. Screws etc. I have online accounts with about 12 hardware suppliers, Artia's specials usually beat all.

Note. I would not personally use those particular runners in a new kitchen build, as Im more into the twin wall metal sided drawers (grass vionaro, nova pro etc) but for simple box drawer construction in your shed, perfect.

Hope this post is not too late. But if so, will at least allow others to snap up the bargains. I implore all you woody's to have a look, if even for some fixings etc.

love always,
OZKA