PDA

View Full Version : My New Pepper Grinder Drill Set

dai sensei
16th February 2017, 09:56 PM
I've bought a few drill sets over the years for pepper grinders, from the cheapo Chinese sets up to the slightly better sets, to ultimately a Colt set. One by one each has got blunt with the hard abrasive stuff I turn, and sharpening them has kept me going, but I always wanted something better. I bought a WoodCut Mill Drill, which is good if you have a central hole of 25mm, but unfortunately mine are usually 22mm due to the slim shapes. One day I will mill down the leading edge to 22mm and then mill a 25-22mm sleeve on the metal lathe.

But last week I called in to Carbatec and they had all the CMT TCT forstner bits in stock I need for all the Crushgrind pepper grinders I make (i.e. 22,25,32,38 & 45mm) plus the extension bar and I couldn't resist. Then I got on Ebay and scored a little empty padded microphone case (260x150x90) and proceeded to carve out the necessary slots that fitted in perfectly.

406477 406476

Pat
17th February 2017, 05:37 AM
The big question, Will it fit in the trailer? Or does it have space reserved for it in the cab?:;

dai sensei
17th February 2017, 10:36 AM
The big question, Will it fit in the trailer? Or does it have space reserved for it in the cab?:;

LOL. Actually it saves room, as now I don't need to pack the full set of Colts box that was twice the size :2tsup: