PDA

View Full Version : multi housing joint

eng_kuchev
7th September 2005, 12:48 AM
What is the the most technological way to make long co-axial slots along a beam for a multi housing joint?

journeyman Mick
7th September 2005, 01:09 AM
Mot exactly sure of what you mean by "long coaxial slots" (I'm guessing a seies of mortices). A CNC router would be the most technolgical way.

Mick

Harry72
7th September 2005, 01:36 AM
Or does he mean a slot in the centre of a slot?(slot that has haunched style M&T's?)

eng_kuchev
7th September 2005, 01:38 AM
I'm just trying to make I-section timber beams.

journeyman Mick
7th September 2005, 04:58 PM
I'm just trying to make I-section timber beams.

Out of a solid piece of timber? Or laminated out of three pieces, one for the web and one each for the top and bottom flange? A diagram would be helpful, as well as some rough dimensions.

Mick

outback
7th September 2005, 05:05 PM
A laser guided plasma beam, fired from the space shuttle and bounced off Mars.

Now THAT'S tecnical.

junkboy999
7th September 2005, 10:17 PM
Easyest way is to make to 2 long boards with a rabbit in the middle and glue in flat long board standing on its end for make the middle on the " I "

most technological way would be to mess with the Tree's DNA to get it to grow in the shape you need, The " I "

if we got some more info we might be able to help you better :)
are you talking about these

http://www.lamwood.com/I%20Joist.html

http://www.lamwood.com/I-Joist_Floor_Framing.jpg

soundman
7th September 2005, 10:30 PM
Sorry rabitts aren't permitted in Queensland, they breed too quickly & would devistate our pastoral industry. besides I don't think you would get a rabitt much longer than 450 500mm even if you stretched it by the ears & tail. I believe they glue quite well if you wash them first. But I think the RSPCA would have something to say about that. I also understand that rabitts are lousy in compression

OH you mean a rebate. sorry my mistake.
:D :D

Harry72
8th September 2005, 08:33 AM
Bouncing plasma's and long rabits... what have you been smokin soundy? :p:D

Clinton1
8th September 2005, 11:52 AM
Rabbits do compress. Just get the innie bits out first and use a starch based glue.... aka Akubra Hats

Skew ChiDAMN!!
8th September 2005, 05:19 PM
MMmmmm..! Roadside stew!

TEEJAY
8th September 2005, 06:08 PM
Kuchev,
If what Terry says is what you are after then you are after something to most efficiently give you a rebate cut along the board. You can use a router if the bit is the same width as the timber you are trying to insert or more ideally you can use a table saw with an adjustable dado blade to make the cut accurately for the vertical web to insert into the top and bottom flanges of you "I" beam :). If we are not understanding you properly please tell us.

soundman
8th September 2005, 09:52 PM
Must be the cosmic rays :eek: , must get new alfoil hat. :D

Harry72
10th September 2005, 12:21 AM
See Ozwinner Da big foilie himself!