PDA

View Full Version : $estimate for Wadkin EQ Spindle Moulder?

Skew ChiDAMN!!
5th March 2017, 06:15 PM
My workplace has a spindle moulder surplus to their needs and have asked me to guesstimate it's value for resale, suggesting I post it in the market section of the forums. (They're not forum members, but I guess I've 'spread the word' a bit. :D )

Frankly I don't know :shrug: so... could anyone give me an estimate of a fair asking price to start the listing off?

It's a 2 speed and the switchgear is Brookhirst, so I believe it's pre-1959?

It's complete but has a seized bearing; the spindle shaft is elsewhere at the moment, hence not included in the pics. The cardboard box contains the fences, guards, drive belt and pulleys, etc.

No cutting heads will be included.

It's located in the Botany area of Sydney, NSW and the boss has stated pick-up only.

(And, of course, if anyone here is willing to make a serious offer then PM me for my worplace's contact details.)

China
6th March 2017, 01:26 AM
You can pick them ready to use for $4-500 so about $100 for that one

Skew ChiDAMN!!
6th March 2017, 06:37 PM
You can pick them ready to use for $4-500 so about $100 for that one

From where I'm sitting that's a good price... but it'd cost me more than that to get it home. ;) Don't know if the boss'd like it though.

Thanks mate.

Vann
8th March 2017, 11:56 PM
...It's a 2 speed and the switchgear is Brookhirst, so I believe it's pre-1959?...Yup. Test number 53077 was done in 1955.

...It's complete but has a seized bearing; the spindle shaft is elsewhere at the moment, hence not included in the pics. The cardboard box contains the fences, guards, drive belt and pulleys, etc.

No cutting heads will be included...I don't know the going rate in Aus, but with no cutting heads and a seized bearing, he's not going to get a lot for it. China might be a bit tight at $100, but I doubt your boss would get anywhere near $1000.

Cheers, Vann.