PDA

View Full Version : Recent Purchase of Triton Equipment

DPB
15th October 2001, 11:12 AM
In August this year I purchased a complete set of Triton products. To determine where I could obtain the best prices, I set up a 'tender' process. This simply involved listing the items I intended to purchase and fax them to a number of major chains close to my home. Interestingly, there was only about $200 separating the lowest from the highest bidder.

In the end, I chose to purchase the following Triton equipment from BBC Hardware Box Hill.

Here are the prices I paid.

Workcentre WCA201 $436.75
Retractable Wheel Kit - $25.30
Circular Saw TSA001 - $339.30
Height Winder Kit WCA390 - $38.90
Bevel Ripping Guide BRA200 - $76.50
Minin Table Extension ETA100 - $191.60
Biscuit Joiner BJA300 - $105.55
Multi Stand (2) - $66.05 each
Workcentre Dust Bag DCA250 - $59.00
Dust Collector DCA300 - $29.65
Planer Edger Attach EPA001 - $118.25
Router Table RTA300 - $152.20
Router & Jigsaw Stand RSA300 - $135.52
Jigsaw Kit AJA300 - $47.60

In addition, I purchased a Planer, Jigsaw, Router, Cordless Drill. Naturally, when spending $3000.00 the dealer is motivated to sharpen his/her pencil.

How sharp do you think it was?

Workshop Training Video - $41.25

------------------

janac13
17th October 2001, 07:29 AM
All in one go..ouch

You did forget to obtain the most 'all round' useful Triton product though...

The 'Superjaws'... worth every cent IMHO..

Now what's the first project going to be..

John

DPB
17th October 2001, 01:46 PM
Looked at SuperJaws but decided to wait.

My first project is a workbench. I'm using plans I picked up on the Internet. Half way through, and happy with the work I've done so far.

I've just shifted to a house that has a small space (13 square metres)that I've talked my wife into letting me use. I would also like to purchase a bandsaw and drill press but space and funds may make this difficult.

I think woodworking is a lot like boating, which I did in a previous life. I always envied the beautiful boats that were docked next to mine, but noted that many of them never left the dock.

If any readers out there have equipment that has never created sawdust but is covered in dust, I would be willing to consider what you might have to sell me.

janac13
17th October 2001, 07:22 PM
Keep an eye out for a good price on the superjaws. I got a good deal and didn't think I would use them as much as I have.

I know the feeling I have a really small space maybe 2mX4 with cupboards and benchs etc means the triton has to use the garage when making sawdust.

If I had the space money etc a really good set of tools would be on the agenda. Am awaiting reviews of the new Triton Router as a permanent place in my router table.

John

ptc
17th October 2001, 08:55 PM
Superjaws,the best thing since the mouse trap
even use them to open the bottle NO not the amber stuff. I mean shellawax.

------------------
p.t.c

barrysumpter
18th October 2001, 12:42 PM
Hi DBP,
Thanks for the info. Great Prices.

Everyone of these prices beats Bunnings.
I'm sure because I spent the morning sorting out prices for comparing at the WWW show.

Bunnings is NOT putting any of their Triton equipment of sale (as yet).

Which means if someone who wants to purchase Triton equipment and can confirm these prices then Bunnings will beat them by 10%.

However, If these were a one off then we can't take advantage of the pricing wars.

I just rang BBC Hardware in Box Hill who told me they haven't sold Triton equipment for 9 months. Anyway, he told me to ring the Nudawading store.

I'm still trying to chanse up Bowens prices who are teaming up with Triton at the WWW show.

Hope to see you all there.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

DPB
18th October 2001, 05:21 PM
Barry, strange thing that claim by Box Hill BBC. I'm holding their receipt in my hand.

Ask them to look up transaction #40017 on 04/08/01 at 10:40:13 for $339.30 (circular saw) and #40181 on 10/08/01 at 16:25:29 for $2278.77, (balance of the equipment).

If you are doing your arithmetic, the total includes a planer and plunge router and a few other bits and pieces.

The prices may appear quite low on some of the items because I paid full retail on the saw, delivery of which I took first. In other words, they quoted me a price but were not prepaired to sell me the saw at the discounted price unless I waited until all of the equipment arrived from Triton thus demonstrating that I indeed intended to purchase all of the equipment which they had quoted.

This proves that you are correct in your assertion that these prices would not be available on a "one-off" purchase.

barrysumpter
18th October 2001, 07:38 PM
Dooh! (please insert Homer here)

Will my search never end?

Will there never be a best price?

Will I ever stop talking like this?

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

Yippyiyo
19th October 2001, 11:03 PM
Bought my Triton gear at about the same time Aug/Sep.

WCA 201 $400 (Bunngs Price match V BBC)
TSA 001 288 (BBC Price match V Bunnings)
BJA 300 110 BBC V B
MSA 200 67.41 Bunnings V Timbecon
RTA 300 141.97 Bunnings V ?
SJA 001 171.30 (Bunnings V Timbecon)

The best price I ever found on WCA 201 was Timbecon - get their catalogue!!(http://www.timbecon.com.au) at $429 unfortunately after I purchased mine. Take that to Bunnings and pay $386.10. All my Triton gear was purchased using the 10% pricematch offered by Bunnings or BBC (Hardwarehouse). Find a better price on an Australian site on the web, print the page and visit Bunnings.

Hope this helps any budding Triton purchasers.

Regards

Yip

Melbourne

[This message has been edited by Yippyiyo (edited 19 October 2001).]