PDA

View Full Version : Information Needed

Badger
20th October 2001, 10:16 PM
I need some advice – quickly.

I have recently retired and moved to Tassie. With more time to devote to woodwork and a little extra cash from an appreciative employer, I want to purchase a few more Triton goodies. Can anyone tell me the best place to go to get a good price here in Tassie.

I live near Devonport but I’m going down to Hobart next week to visit my son and, if there’s a good deal to be found, I’ll do some buying while I’m there. (Hence the request for a quick reply)

Regards

Badger

------------------
Badger - A gruff short tempered animal that sleeps most of the winter

Gino
20th October 2001, 10:21 PM
I"m not from Tassie (wish I was) but there's Hardware house in Hobart who would be competative if they are anything like there melbourne counterparts.
But as always shop around and then approach them with the price and they'll beat it by 10%.

Good luck

Badger
27th October 2001, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately, I was a bit early going down to Hobart. The salespeople at Hardware House and K&D Warehouse (Mitre10) were very helpful but kindly informed me that I should wait for a couple of weeks as they were each having a catalogue sale!! The Subaru is pretty economocal but I didn't think I could offset the petrol involved in another trip to the Big Smoke so I decided to give them a hard up story about only being in town for a couple of days. Both dropped their prices significantly but Mitre 10 gave the best price (and had everything I wanted)

Result:- Planer Attachment - $145; New Router Table - $154; Router Stand - $137 and Bevel Rip Fence - $90.

Now all I need is the damned mod kit to fit my old Biscuit Joiner attachment on to the new Router Table!!! Would have thought Triton would have included that in the new table or something!! http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/frown.gif

------------------
Badger - A gruff short tempered animal that sleeps most of the winter