PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Videos

Chris Parks
27th March 2017, 12:08 PM
There is a lot of dross and plain dangerous video on YT but a lot of it is interesting and a good source of help as well. I was wondering if we could have a forum for video from any source if it does not have copyright issues. Take this link for instance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKgtI8gD0ZA recycling plastic bottles into joining timber.

Not exactly fine woodworking but it is interesting how a way out idea has some practical application.

Acco
27th March 2017, 02:06 PM
Chris there is a video section, its accessed via the toolbar as shown in the red circle I've drawn on the attached image

BobL
27th March 2017, 03:23 PM
The video section has categories but that just seem to duplicate the forum names.
It also seems to be underutilized.
I'd rather see actual videos embedded in the relevant forums.

Chris Parks
27th March 2017, 06:52 PM
The video section has categories but that just seem to duplicate the forum names.
It also seems to be underutilized.
I'd rather see actual videos embedded in the relevant forums.

What would be the relevant forum for the video I posted above, that is what led to the question I raised. Any post in the video section does not seem to be included in new posts which is all I use when I come here, if it is I have not noticed it.

BobL
27th March 2017, 07:22 PM
What would be the relevant forum for the video I posted above, that is what led to the question I raised. Any post in the video section does not seem to be included in new posts which is all I use when I come here, if it is I have not noticed it.

I'd put it in the Glue forum or general woodworking.

Chris Parks
27th March 2017, 08:38 PM
I'd put it in the Glue forum or general woodworking.

It really isn't more than interesting TTTT, certainly is not the the epitome of skilled workmanship.

BobL
27th March 2017, 08:57 PM
It really isn't more than interesting TTTT, certainly is not the the epitome of skilled workmanship.

I agree, some folks might find it useful especially in a limited tool availability situation.
It might also inspire someone to do some value adding and get creative with it.