PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy: Queensland Maple for guitar body

geetarhobbybuil
5th April 2017, 10:51 AM
Hi all, I'm looking for a small amount of Qld Maple: enough to make a (solid) electric guitar body. Need to end up with a blank around 65x40x5cm; could be one piece, or 2 or 3 jointed depending on what I can get. Brissy based, I am able to pick up from anywhere up to a couple hours travel away.

MAPLEMAN
5th April 2017, 10:57 AM
Hi all, I'm looking for a small amount of Qld Maple: enough to make a (solid) electric guitar body. Need to end up with a blank around 65x40x5cm; could be one piece, or 2 or 3 jointed depending on what I can get. Brissy based, I am able to pick up from anywhere up to a couple hours travel away.Call dave Kirby on the sunshine coast...google name for more details...MM

Xanthorrhoeas
5th April 2017, 07:07 PM
Also try Trevor Gaskell (tgcreations is his forums name to PM him) as he has some amazing timber.

David

dai sensei
6th April 2017, 06:56 PM
Or you could go to Maleny Wood Expo at the end of the month Maleny Wood Expo 2017 (http://www.malenywoodexpo.com), look at what is on offer, and/or talk to a number of suppliers and millers.

geetarhobbybuil
24th April 2017, 01:07 PM
Thanks to all for the helpful tips! I got in touch with tgcreations, and he was able to provide me with a great looking block of wood for my project.