PDA

View Full Version : Playing card acrylic blanks

Necromancer
12th April 2017, 05:01 AM
Long story short:

A neighbour of mine is always giving me a hand with handyman issues, he does these things only because he is a really nice person and expects nothing in return. He and his wife are huge card players and have a huge shed in their yard and host card nights every Friday night, with up to 30 people attending. They play cards and drink till the small hours of the night, never any issues, never too much noise.

I would love to be able to pay back - I would love to be able to turn say ten or so pens for them, but want playing cards along the body of the acrylic. Slimline design. I have googled and haven't found what I want so am throwing this out there for help.

Hors
12th April 2017, 07:24 AM
[QUOTE=Necromancer;2017786]Long story short:

A neighbour of mine is always giving me a hand with handyman issues, he does these things only because he is a really nice person and expects nothing in return. He and his wife are huge card players and have a huge shed in their yard and host card nights every Friday night, with up to 30 people attending. They play cards and drink till the small hours of the night, never any issues, never too much noise.

I would love to be able to pay back

Repost this request in woodturning forum, in pen turning, and have a look at the work of MBUMIK whilst u are there, he is your man I think.

Meldge
12th April 2017, 07:40 AM
I would love to be able to turn say ten or so pens for them, but want playing cards along the body of the acrylic. Slimline design.
I could be wrong and a blank maker could probably do it for you but I don't recall ever seeing such a wrap done on a slimline (small diameter) tube. Mind you, I haven't been making pens for very long so I could be very wrong on this :;. The Sierra pens seem to be very common for wrapped tube blanks.

Necromancer
12th April 2017, 09:00 AM
Don't know - I have found blanks with the symbols only, I have found wrapped cards, I am wanting blanks with small cards on them. Weird isn't it...

[QUOTE=Necromancer;2017786]

Repost this request in woodturning forum, in pen turning, and have a look at the work of MBUMIK whilst u are there, he is your man I think.

Excellent!! I have sent him a PM.

MBUMIK
12th April 2017, 07:01 PM
PM Sent

for those that are interested in cards on pens here is the thread
http://www.woodworkforums.com/f69/cards-212486

MIK

KBs PensNmore
12th April 2017, 10:14 PM
Fabulous work MIK, as usual. You know how to open new boundaries.:2tsup:
Kryn

MBUMIK