PDA

View Full Version : Toowoomba Gathering

Wood Butcher
11th September 2005, 06:46 PM
Had the great privilige today of being able to catch with dan_tom and andy mac today at the Highfields Blacksmith Challenge followed by lunch at andy mac's place. It was great to meet dan_tom from brissy though it was unfortunate that Ruflyrustic wasn't able to join us due to illness (maybe next time ruffly!). Anyway thought that I would post a pic of the four of us in andy mac's shed just before we departed after lunck.

From L to R Tom, Danielle (dan_tom, yes it is two people), Andy_mac and Lastly myself Wood Butcher.

Would love to have another get together in the near future and hopefully we might be able to get a day when more people can come and the weather is better ( not that I am not enjoying the rain)

Yours

Rowan

dai sensei
11th September 2005, 10:48 PM
Dam it, I missed it :mad: . I must keep a closer eye on woodies events/anouncements.

Next time perhaps.

Wood Butcher
11th September 2005, 11:05 PM
Must admit this one was organised mainly through pm's and email. Also Andy, Ruffly and I get together for lunch once a week and most of today was organised then. I will let everyone know when we start thinking about another gathering so that we could have more woodies attend.

Rowan

dai sensei
11th September 2005, 11:15 PM
No worries Rowan. I should have noticed your original threads:( . I'd definately be in any excuse for a get together:) . Mind you, Xmas isn't that far away :eek: and I'm already running out of weekends .

Andy Mac
12th September 2005, 09:23 AM
Thanks 'Butcher,
It was indeed good meeting up with fellow Forum members, which is a bonus. Not only do we get to share experiences and advice on-line, but also meet real people with similar interests!!
Our meeting this time was rushed, based as it was around the blacksmithing festival, but time enough for 'Butcher and I to look through Dan & Tom's album of excellent woodwork. Inspirational stuff:D

Cheers,

dan_tom
12th September 2005, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the great hospitality Andy and Julie! It was terrific to meet both Andy (Andy-Mac) and Rowan (Woodbutcher) and their families. I must admit after talking timber and having a tour of Andy's workshed, I was pretty keen to get home and start woodworking, but alas I am at work today having a quick peek online to see if anyone has done any amazing woodwork from the weekend! Andy's got a great shed and beautiful surrounds - the blacksmith festival was well worth a weekend in Toowoomba.

If you've ever in Brisbane (around Holland Park way)... drop in!

Thanks again.

Cheers
Dan and Tom