PDA

View Full Version : gooday any barge hands about

bitofascallywag
12th September 2005, 10:21 PM
i need a bit more help ,not that ive got much so far,the yanks on w/boat forum are a lot quicker,at any rate have a squiz at my note on routing forum and any help would be appreciated.thanks........

Wild Dingo
16th September 2005, 02:41 AM
Gettin a whole lotta help over there arent you nobby :D But dont sweat it mate pretty soon someone will hoist emselves up an give yer the benifit of their knowledge... of course your gonna have to either accept it or not... but wait and see what comes before yer start sayin yer have had more help from the seppos okay?... oh an one yank response to yer question over there and that bein "is that english" wouldnt help yer much eh :D

Bodgy
16th September 2005, 09:47 AM
i need a bit more help ,not that ive got much so far,the yanks on w/boat forum are a lot quicker,at any rate have a squiz at my note on routing forum and any help would be appreciated.thanks........

Scally, my perception is that its not that you haven't had much help in Oz, its just that the answer you're getting is not what you want to hear.

Log off the computer, pick up the hammer and caulking iron and get to it!

bitofascallywag
16th September 2005, 10:43 AM
shall do thanks all

Wild Dingo
16th September 2005, 12:43 PM
Bodgy mate you hit it right on the head... along with the fact that he had no patience in waiting for a response and he got a tad phissed off :rolleyes:

As for the American responses to his questions well up to that point he had one response from Thad askin if what he said was in English however I was up to the challenge and translated his comments on the woodenboat.com forum so that they could understand what he was yammering about ie: from 2 headed son of a 4 nippled and one on the bum Tasweejian into a semblance of English (cause I cant speak anythin other than Aussie the poor seppos have to work with that and get over it :p ) and within hours he got one of the most clear and concise responses aimed at the novice (which Scally ala Nobby over there states he is) from Bob Smalser Ive seen in a good long while :cool:

I think its more that he knows hes going to have to do it properly but was hoping that he could do it in a way he thought was easier but the responses were all saying dont be a dopey galah do it right and all will be right with the boat and the world

I think hes got it now :cool:

Mind you I wouldnt mind watchin his results and efforts in bringin this barge cum houseboat to life again... twould be most excellent titwould :cool:

Bodgy
16th September 2005, 01:30 PM
Can't blame the poor bugger for wanting an easier option, not with 7 lightyears of caulking in front of him!

Still, if done right should be a lovely old barge, and an absolute joy to live on in Macquarie Harbour. Could probably even make a quid hiring it out for hols. Wouldn't have to worry about damaging those 5x2 planks if the city softc**ks manage to put her aground in 30 knots. Gonna need a fair size donk to push it along I'd think, but if she's as low in the water as the barges I've seen the windage should be negligible.

Scallywag - how about some pictures, before (now) after (later) - you lucky bugger.

Wild Dingo
16th September 2005, 04:56 PM
Right in every way mate! :cool:

I know I wouldnt like the thought of so much recaulking in front of me and yep Id be out there tryin like buggary to figure another less painfull way around it... but there sadly just aint one

Im also interested in some pics barges are interesting sods of things arent they? ;)

Mind you another option for him is to simply take her apart and build a fantasmogoricle extra gorgeouslishus sail boat with all that Huon pine it would be a bloody bobby dazzler... mmm not in the spirit of the thing I guess but still another option eh :cool: