PDA

View Full Version : Woodcut Pro-Master deep hollowing tool

Mobyturns
6th May 2017, 09:10 PM
Estate clear out – selling on behalf of family.

Woodcut Pro-Master (prelude to the Pro-Forme) deep hollowing tool – 20” Handle, “slightly bent” shaft and “bent” shaft tools. The cutter onthe “bent” shaft tool is damaged (refer photo). A new cutter is approx. $30 to replace. Tools have been lightly buffed on a Scotch-Brite wheel to remove dust and light surface rust. Condition as per photos.

$220 ONO

Happy to post or send via courier at purchasers cost – Weight is approx. 4kg sowill require a Post Tube approx. postage to Melbourne as a guide $24.60 withParcel Post.

Mobyturns
20th May 2017, 10:49 PM
Price reduction now $190

Please note the tool shafts are manufactured and sold by Woodcut as "bent shaft" and "slightly bent shaft" - Pro-Forme (5/8") Sets, Shafts & Handles (http://www.woodcut-tools.com/store/c5/Pro-Forme_%285%2F8%22%29_Sets%2C_Shafts_%26_Handles.html)

Mobyturns
7th July 2017, 09:47 AM
a bump ...

Mobyturns
25th July 2017, 11:18 PM
Price reduction now $150

smiife
27th July 2017, 08:19 PM
Hi moby, are there cutters with them , do they just take a round carbide cutter ?
Can, t really tell by photos

Mobyturns
27th July 2017, 10:25 PM
Hi moby, are there cutters with them , do they just take a round carbide cutter ?
Can, t really tell by photos

This is the earlier version of the Woodcut hollowing system. It only has the one functional cutter - from memory a "Shepid Loop Cutter", no scrapers or cup cutters are with it as far as I have searched through the workshop. I can't answer your question about whether it will take the later version cup cutters or carbide cutters as I don't have the tools here with me. I am visiting on Tuesday so I will check it for you.

Ironwood
28th July 2017, 07:13 AM
I have a set of these, both of my cutters are broken also. I asked at one of the Brisbane woodshows years ago if the newer style cutter could be fitted to these original tools, the answer I got was, it is possible to fit the newer/better cutters, but it wasnt a straightforward changeover, something had to be done, I cant remember the details of it though. An email to Woodcut should clear it up.
I dont have time to turn these days, so have never chased it up.

Mobyturns
29th July 2017, 09:03 AM
I have a set of these, both of my cutters are broken also. I asked at one of the Brisbane woodshows years ago if the newer style cutter could be fitted to these original tools, the answer I got was, it is possible to fit the newer/better cutters, but it wasnt a straightforward changeover, something had to be done, I cant remember the details of it though. An email to Woodcut should clear it up.
I dont have time to turn these days, so have never chased it up.

I will email Woodcut to find an answer.

Mobyturns
29th July 2017, 10:04 AM
We have an answer from Peter Hewitt of Woodcut Tools - "No the new cutters don't fit but we still stock the old ones - called Shepidcutters I think on the website." So my original statement about the replacement cutter - a "Shepid Loop Cutter" - is correct.

smiife
30th July 2017, 05:52 PM
We have an answer from Peter Hewitt of Woodcut Tools - "No the new cutters don't fit but we still stock the old ones - called Shepidcutters I think on the website." So my original statement about the replacement cutter - a "Shepid Loop Cutter" - is correct.

Thanks moby for checking out the cutters , will have a look
at the website and get back to you , :2tsup:?.....

Mobyturns
1st August 2017, 09:16 AM
The link to Woodcut Tools if others are interested - Parts for Older Tools (http://www.woodcut-tools.com/store/c12/Parts_for_Older_Tools.html)

This is the design of the new style of cutter tips, which is very different to the "older tools" - Parts and Accessories - 5/8 Pro-Forme Hollower (http://www.woodcut-tools.com/store/c10/Parts_and_Accessories_-_5%2F8_Pro-Forme_Hollower.html)

Mobyturns
9th August 2017, 05:38 AM
Price Increase now $400, just trying the old marketing trick, :D.

Seriously though price reduction now $125 just to move it on.

Jim Carroll
9th August 2017, 11:07 AM
This is a good price for someone wanting to dip their toes into doing hollow forms and vases.

We keep the spare cutters in stock as there is still quiet a few of these around.

https://www.cwsonline.com.au/shop/item/woodcut-shepid-loop-cutter

Mobyturns
9th August 2017, 10:05 PM
This is a good price for someone wanting to dip their toes into doing hollow forms and vases.

We keep the spare cutters in stock as there is still quiet a few of these around.

https://www.cwsonline.com.au/shop/item/woodcut-shepid-loop-cutter

Thanks for chiming in Jim, I would like to move it on for the widow. I agree it is a bargain. It has one shepid loop cutter, the other is damaged so it is a functional tool as is without any other purchases if the user is prepared to move the cutter between the tool shanks.

Geof Ford
9th August 2017, 10:19 PM
HI, Is the unit still available?if so I am interested since Jim has said parts are still available, also will you send particulars to me please
regards and thanks Geof Ford

Mobyturns
9th August 2017, 10:29 PM
HI, Is the unit still available?if so I am interested since Jim has said parts are still available, also will you send particulars to me please
regards and thanks Geof Ford

The cutters are still available directly from Woodcut as well - not trying to cut Jim out but Peter Hewitt from Woodcut assures me there are plenty available. See post #9 & #11 above.

Geoff,
I will contact the widow tomorrow to confirm if it is still available, as we have not talked since last Wednesday due to a bereavement in my family. Bit busy atm but will contact her first before replying in a PM.

Geof Ford
9th August 2017, 10:48 PM
Hi Mobyturns, Thanks for the prompt reply, Dont stress too much as to time if its still there I am very interested but time is not a factor, thanks & regards Geoff Ford