PDA

View Full Version : Wanted (SA) Bandsaw fence

rev
15th May 2017, 01:37 PM
I'm looking for a bandsaw fence to suit an old Woodfast bandsaw. Prepared to spend around $100 plus postage.
Cheers

david.elliott
15th May 2017, 03:27 PM
I bought one of these...https://www.timbecon.com.au/sawing/bandsaws-accessories/bandsaw-rip-fence-attachment, well made and fits together nicely..

I have a bit of a challenge fitting to my old ELU, but working on the assumption(?) that your old WF has a decent apron around the table you'll be done in a half hour...

rev
15th May 2017, 04:42 PM
Thanks David.
I wasn't aware of that one. Can the fence arm be adjusted to allow for drift angle?
Cheers

Bauldy
16th May 2017, 10:19 PM
Is it a large table?

I have a Table Saw fence, which may be able to be cut down, but probably only suitable for a large bandsaw.
It is in the attic, so would need to pull it down to refresh the exact details, but will do so if you are interested.

Regards

Bauldy

rev
17th May 2017, 12:07 AM
Bauldy,
It's a 14" bandsaw with a smallish table compared with most newer saws of the same size. If the fence you have is a t-square style though it should be easy enough to adapt by mounting some rails. Actually, I'm also thinking about making a larger auxiliary table to mount on top of the old one to increase the working surface. So if you don't mind posting a picture I'd be grateful.

Bauldy
17th May 2017, 11:00 PM
Will dig it out a send something. It should have the Front and Back rails with it as I replaced it with a more sturdy fence.

Bauldy
18th May 2017, 02:36 PM
It is much bigger than I thought and possibly is only suitable for a Saw Bench.

You are welcome to have a look as I will try and sell it now that it is down.

Not looking for a lot for it.

KeithP
23rd May 2017, 10:54 PM
Hi Rev,

PM sent

Regards,
Keith

Stlogsy
17th June 2017, 10:24 PM
Yeah mate, you can get a fence with these guys: https://www.timbecon.com.au/sawing/bandsaws-accessories/bandsaw-rip-fence-attachment

Good luck champ.
CS
-------
Splitthelogs.com