PDA

View Full Version : Carbatec SW3501 14" bandsaw

kiwigeo
14th September 2005, 12:45 PM
FYI Ive just been into MIK Adelaide and ordered a Carbatec SW3501 14" bandsaw. MIK man reckoned there was a 3 month wait for the machines but on ringing up Carbatec he got told theyve just got 7 machine into the country.

If anyone is after one of these babies then get an order in fast.

Cheers martin

kiwigeo
26th September 2005, 10:42 PM
Okay tomorrow's the day...off to MIK to pick up the new bandsaw. Just hope it fits in the back of the Mazda.

kiwigeo
27th September 2005, 02:47 PM
Right Ive got the beast home......barely fitted in the Mazda and when I picked up SWMBO she wasnt happy about having her seat fully forward with her nose against the dashboard.

Got the main body of the saw attached to the stand.....adjusting belt tension is a PIA.....4 bolts to adjust and while youre tightening bolts you have to keep pressure on the motor to keep belt tight.....a 2 man job.

Got the table on.....discovered some of the bolts dont match the part numbers on the diagrams...got it worked out by trial and error.

The professional rip fence....no bldi picture or diagram with the thing. Luckily theres a photo in the MIK catalogue....in the process of fitting it now.

kiwigeo
27th September 2005, 04:16 PM
%%^$###ng top wheel on the top guide wont extend far enough so its running on the blade.....I assume its supposed to be running against the blade.

Will deal with it later, time for a coffee.....

Bodgy
27th September 2005, 04:36 PM
Kiwi

Be very careful when tightening up the bolts that hold the upper blade guides into the cast assembly housing. I have the same saw (different colour I think) and sheared the housing from its body with minimal pressure. Incidentally, still waiting for replacement under warranty.

Fitting the motor was fun eh? I did it alone using my fret to hold the motor whilst inserting and tightening the bolts with the hands, The 'manual' must have been for another machine, it had little to do with mine, all 4 pages of it.

Have faith, they're a joy once going.

kiwigeo
27th September 2005, 05:06 PM
Kiwi

Be very careful when tightening up the bolts that hold the upper blade guides into the cast assembly housing. I have the same saw (different colour I think) and sheared the housing from its body with minimal pressure. Incidentally, still waiting for replacement under warranty.

Fitting the motor was fun eh? I did it alone using my fret to hold the motor whilst inserting and tightening the bolts with the hands, The 'manual' must have been for another machine, it had little to do with mine, all 4 pages of it.

Have faith, they're a joy once going.

Thanks for the info Bodgy. Yes tightening up that bldi motor was a pain.....thinkl its still needs a bit more tightnening.

I paid extra for the proffesional guides...they have three wheels on them.

Had two sets of instructions.....both had lots of mislabeled parts.

Cheers Martin