PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE:NSW Snakewood Dillennia

Greg Ward
23rd May 2017, 05:14 PM
3 x Beautiful quarter sawn dry boards.
900mm x 70mm x 200mm
$50 each

Collect Cremorne or pick up from Sydney wood show next month at Boutique Timber stand

Greg Ward

crowie
23rd May 2017, 07:23 PM
When is the Sydney Wood Show please Greg??

Very nice timber!!

Greg Ward
23rd May 2017, 07:33 PM
Sydney wood show 23-25 June 2017 Hall 4 Homebush
Greg

dai sensei
23rd May 2017, 11:04 PM
Beautiful stuff mate. Is that Dillenia alata (aka Red Beech) ?

Just I only know the Aussie Snakewood as Acacia xiphophylla from WA.

Are you going to Bris WWW Show this year? Perhaps you can bring up one for me?

Greg Ward
24th May 2017, 08:17 AM
Mal will be at the show (Boutique Timbers) and has quite a few of the dillinea planks in various sizes. It's sometimes also called tiger wood because of the quarter sawn grain pattern, use for instruments guitar necks etc as well as boxes and whatever
This one comes from NG, however there is one in N Qld that is teh same colour and grain, they may be the same tree, not sure of botanical name.
greg

Enfield Guy
24th May 2017, 06:55 PM
Would you be happy to post this to 4012 Brisbane? What sort of weight are we talking about?

Greg Ward
25th May 2017, 09:55 AM
Why not attend the Brisbane wood show. Mal will have stock there?
Greg

Enfield Guy
25th May 2017, 11:16 AM
Market Saturday, Market Sunday. Friday has been allocated to drinking.

Greg Ward
13th June 2017, 10:34 AM
One piece sold to Nick
Thanks
Greg

dai sensei
13th June 2017, 06:52 PM
Why not attend the Brisbane wood show. Mal will have stock there?
Greg

I got someone to pick me up a chunk, not as good grain as shown here, but still pretty good. If I was closer or if you are coming up this way I'll grab one, but the postage would be a killer, it is very heavy

double.d
14th June 2017, 03:52 PM
I got 18kg sent up from Tassie and it was 70 odd bucks so this from Sydney should only be half that.

Greg if you give me the weight for both pieces i'll calculate the postage and pay that plus the $100 if you are prepared to wrap them up.

Greg Ward
15th June 2017, 04:05 PM
Back Next week. Will check and let you know. May be not able to mail until following week as at the WWW Show with Mal if that is OK
Please pm me your mailing details
Will need to mail separately, but should be OK as under 1 metre long, will wrap in plastic etc.
So ..... SOLD

Thanks

Greg

Dorno
15th June 2017, 09:03 PM
Hope to catch up at the sydney show on the Saturday Greg and will be looking for some more burl slices around the 300mm to 400mm Diameter for some more clocks :) getting a bit low

Cheers ian

planemaker
15th June 2017, 09:04 PM
Greg; do you have 2 or 3 lengths available of the same species at similar dimensions in QS or Rift. At or close too 10% moisture level would be ideal. Would need to be posted to Vic 3305.

No rush. Happy to wait till sometime after WWW Show commitments. Would prefer nice grain feature, no knots or defects, for use as wooden plane making stock. Send me a pm when the time suits.

Stewie;

Greg Ward
17th June 2017, 05:24 PM
Yes, have 50 and 70mm thick slabs, quarter and back sawn and could cut to size in a few weeks time if you want. Dry around 3 years, under cover so should be fine. It's medium density, have you tried rosewood?
Greg

Greg Ward
17th June 2017, 05:26 PM
Ian, will have quite a few, but they are popular, if you don't see any you like from the ones left on Saturday, I can bring some down and meet you at maccas a heatherbrea, also have some red cedar and camphor slices that would be good for clocks.

Greg

planemaker
18th June 2017, 10:34 AM
Yes, have 50 and 70mm thick slabs, quarter and back sawn and could cut to size in a few weeks time if you want. Dry around 3 years, under cover so should be fine. It's medium density, have you tried rosewood?
Greg

Greg; is this Dillenia salomemsis. refer page 16. http://www.fiapng.com/Solomon_Island_Timber_Species.pdf

Greg Ward
18th June 2017, 10:47 AM
Don't think so, this dillenia is from NG I think, or perhaps far NQ, there are several species from what I understand
Greg

planemaker
18th June 2017, 05:11 PM
Greg; would like to purchase the Dillenia at (x3) 200mm x 70mm x 900mm QTR Sawn. If can send me a pm when your nearer to post with payment details that would be appreciated. I will forward you my address via pm.

regards Stewie;

Greg Ward
19th June 2017, 02:46 PM
Thanks
Will get back to you after the Sydney wood show
Thanks
Greg