PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Forum Get Together May 2017.

Pages : [1] 2

Sturdee
24th May 2017, 05:12 PM
Monday the 29th is the last Monday of May, so it's time again for all the forum members residing in Melbourne and its surrounds to come together again and enjoy each other company, spin a yarn or two and generally enjoy some fellowship.

All previous attendees and new ones are very welcome all you need to do is come to the lounge of the Box hill RSL, 26 Nelson Road, Box Hill from about 6.45 onwards ish.

Looking forward to a good turn up and maybe bring some things for a mini Show and Tell.

Peter.

Simplicity
24th May 2017, 10:20 PM
I be going

Any one else coming [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabriel
24th May 2017, 10:53 PM
I've written it on the calendar do Simone can't say she didn't know about it..... Don't count me in just yet....
I'll have to get in the shed to try and finish something to 'show and yell' if I can make it

Sturdee
27th May 2017, 06:03 AM
Is anyone else coming on Monday?

Simplicity
27th May 2017, 08:22 PM
Just bumping this

Cheers Matt

Gabriel
27th May 2017, 08:50 PM
Unless something pops up that I can't get out of, I'll be there....

Sturdee
27th May 2017, 10:16 PM
Unless something pops up that I can't get out of, I'll be there....

Looking forward to seeing you again. Would it be possible to bring your book on music boxes?

Peter.

Gabriel
27th May 2017, 10:20 PM
Looking forward to seeing you again. Would it be possible to bring your book on music boxes?

Peter.

Was thinking I'd put it in the car.... Had my 10 min flick, realised I need to retire before I'll have time to tackle it so you better get some use out of it before it collects dust on my bookshelf for a few years.

Sturdee
27th May 2017, 11:43 PM
realised I need to retire before I'll have time to tackle it

Once you retire you seem to get busier and busier, projects to do never cease to stop.:U But they are more enjoyable.:2tsup:

Peter.

Simplicity
28th May 2017, 02:48 PM
Who else is turning up

Come on let's get behind this

Cheers Matt

doug3030
28th May 2017, 02:55 PM
Who else is turning up

Come on let's get behind this

Jools and I will be coming. We plan to get there around 6pm or just before and having dinner first. Anyone want to join us?

Cheers

Doug

Simplicity
28th May 2017, 04:17 PM
Jools and I will be coming. We plan to get there around 6pm or just before and having dinner first. Anyone want to join us?

Cheers

Doug

If I finish work on time
It's a date

Cheers Matt

justonething
29th May 2017, 02:20 PM
Apologies. Cant make it tonight! Have fun guys.

Simplicity
23rd August 2017, 09:35 PM
Next GTG is due to be on the 28 August.
I can't make this Monday due to a prior commitment this month.
So either go ahead with out me which is fine with me.
Or how would it sound if we make the next GTG on Monday 4 September instead.

Cheers Matt

Sturdee
24th August 2017, 11:47 AM
Having just had my wife admitted to hospital for diabetes complications next Monday is out for me as well as I'll either be down the road visiting her or hopefully keep her company at home.

So at this stage Monday the 4th would be better for me.

Peter.

doug3030
24th August 2017, 12:05 PM
I am out either way so no preferences

Cheers

Doug

justonething
25th August 2017, 07:16 AM
Im too far away to come on either day. I'm in NZ.

Simplicity
26th August 2017, 02:11 PM
Decision time.
Next Melbourne GTG will be held on Monday the 4 of September
Box hill RSL

Cheers matt

Optimark
26th August 2017, 04:40 PM
Decision time.
Next Melbourne GTG will be held on Monday the 4 of September
Box hill RSL

Cheers matt

With the date change, I'll try and get there as it is the only Monday in any month I have free.

Mick.

Simplicity
26th August 2017, 05:47 PM
With the date change, I'll try and get there as it is the only Monday in any month I have free.

Mick.

Top stuff.
Mick hope to see you there,

Cheers Matt

Oldgreybeard
29th August 2017, 09:17 AM
Bummer !!! Didn't read this thread until this morning. I went to the RSL last night waitedf until 7.20pm and when no-one else turned up I came home.
Will try again next week

Bob

Oldgreybeard
29th August 2017, 09:29 AM
For those members who did not attendthe GTG at Box Hill last night, the topic of conversation was " the misuse of the mobile phone". A heated discussion continued for 15 minutes at which time the chair accepted a motion "That in fairness to the image of the mobile phone as a valuable communications technology, its misuse as a camera could no longer be tolerated". On the casting vote of the chair, the motion was carried unanimously .

OGB

Gabriel
29th August 2017, 10:04 AM
I knew I shouldn't have missed that meeting.... My vote could have stayed the whole conversation - if not to the positive, at least to a hung vote. Given the interest in the topic and current state of general affairs, should a plebiscite be held to gauge the wider community opinion - then that can be ignored and the original decision that was unanimously voted on last night can be upheld?

Oldgreybeard
29th August 2017, 10:23 AM
Not necessarily. Your vote in the negative would have been countered by chairs personal vote, creating a hung vote in which case chairs casting vote would have resulted in the motion being carried. As for a plebiscite,I would only support that call if ovly menmbers over the age of 70 were permitted to vote.
There is an old adage that goes like "Never ask a question to which you do not know the answer". Allowing the trendy young whipper-snippers a vote could well cast the result in doubt - the chairs decision is that all members have had adequate opportunity to vote on the matter - so the decision of the last meeting shall stand and no amendments can be lodged during the remainder of the term of the chair.

Chris Parks
29th August 2017, 10:30 AM
Have all citizenship matters been resolved by those voting?

doug3030
29th August 2017, 12:38 PM
After reading that lot I am pleased I did not go.

But a point of order- you did not have quorum so there was no authority to open the meeting or elect a chairperson let alone propose a motion. Therefore in accordance with the constitution the meeting lapses for a period of seven days when it is to be reconvened at the same time and place. If a quorum is not present at that time all business lapses. :C

Sturdee
29th August 2017, 01:06 PM
A heated discussion continued for 15 minutes

OGB

Bob, I think you need treatment for your condition of having heated discussion with yourself.:U

Peter.

Simplicity
29th August 2017, 02:03 PM
Bob,
I would be very interested in reviewing the minutes from said meeting before making comment.
Also were said minutes done under obersvation or in secrecy.
Was Sally involved I have my doubts with that one I've seen and witnessed the company she keeps her self endowed with.

Cheers matt

Gabriel
29th August 2017, 02:49 PM
If these minutes were taken as per previous meetings then I would suggest the napkin used to record them on would have been used to dab the corners of 'chairs' mouth as he finished his caviar entree and move into the lobster main (at the company's expense of course)

Oldgreybeard
29th August 2017, 03:11 PM
Peter, The airconditioning was up very high in the Lounge. Only an old cout there who feels the cold terribly

Oldgreybeard
29th August 2017, 03:15 PM
The minutes were duly typed using MS Word and filed where Sally always files them - in the little icon that looks like a antique garbage can.

Oldgreybeard
29th August 2017, 03:26 PM
Absolutely Chris - 5th Generation Australian of Scottish descent - Scottish records only go back to 1850 so am safe

Simplicity
30th August 2017, 08:10 PM
For the benefit of some of our esteemed senior members.
Box Hill Gtg will be re sitting last weeks meeting of one.
This coming Monday(4 of September 2017 earth)
in order to see if we can sway the boards decision on the versatility of the modern day camera phone in the modern workshop.

Board member Matt

doug3030
30th August 2017, 11:45 PM
... in order to see if we can sway the boards decision on the versatility of the modern day camera phone in the modern workshop.

Seeing as how we are now doing things all formal-like, Matt, please tender my apology as I will be unable to attend. I hereby give my proxy vote to Matt (Simplicity) to use as he sees fit in the matter of the phone camera status.

Cheers

Doug

Oldgreybeard
1st September 2017, 09:22 AM
Seeing as how we are now doing things all formal-like, Matt, please tender my apology as I will be unable to attend. I hereby give my proxy vote to Matt (Simplicity) to use as he sees fit in the matter of the phone camera status.

Cheers

Doug

Not fair - Matt's predujiced!!!

Sturdee
1st September 2017, 09:48 AM
I think the protemp chairman of the last meeting was under a misapprehension regarding cameras.

All are cameras but only the modern ones can be used as a phone ability and has internet availability and other functions. Only the old fashioned ones are limited to taking pictures only and now belong in museums as past technology.:U

Hence no debate is necessary. :2tsup:

Peter.

Oldgreybeard
1st September 2017, 11:57 AM
Peter, One could argue that phone ability, internet availabilty and other functions are distractions not attractions for a camera.

Perhaps all phone camera members should come on over to the photoforum and show us what you can do - there is a mobile phone sub-category. While you are there you might like to try my latest challenge with you 'phone' camera.
Ready for a challenge? - PhotoForums (http://photoforums.com.au/forum/photographic-help/using-flash/6542-ready-for-a-challenge)

I suspect then we might agree that no debate is necessary:2tsup: Cameras will win hands down!!

Bob

Simplicity
1st September 2017, 02:00 PM
Peter, One could argue that phone ability, internet availabilty and other functions are distractions not attractions for a camera.

Perhaps all phone camera members should come on over to the photoforum and show us what you can do - there is a mobile phone sub-category. While you are there you might like to try my latest challenge with you 'phone' camera.
Ready for a challenge? - PhotoForums (http://photoforums.com.au/forum/photographic-help/using-flash/6542-ready-for-a-challenge)

I suspect then we might agree that no debate is necessary:2tsup: Cameras will win hands down!!

Bob

Bob I would appreciate you not trying to swing the vote your way before the meeting.

Cheers phone user.

Oldgreybeard
1st September 2017, 04:33 PM
You gotta do something when you feel your being out numbered:D Calling all "ancient technologists" to come along and support the cause:tvhpy: Comon out of the chair and down to RSL Nelson St Box Hill 7.00 pm sharp next Monday.

Simplicity
3rd September 2017, 08:03 AM
Bumbling this
This coming Monday 7 ish Box Hill RSL
Neilson St box Hill
GTG and heated discussion regarding why people still value still picture technology.

Cheers Matt(antagonist)

Gabriel
3rd September 2017, 09:26 AM
I don't think the value of still pictures is up for debate - more the means on how to capture them.
My argument would be similar to that when talking about high end audio equipment.
Sure I have spent too much on my stereo, but my ears are from my days as a DJ, young guy at concerts and power tools over the years to hear the difference between a $1000 system or a $10,000 system..... But I still like to drop the needle on vynal occasionally coz I think it sounds warmer (but buggered if I can actually hear a difference)

Sturdee
3rd September 2017, 03:53 PM
Unfortunately I'm not able to come this Monday night.

About a week ago I got the flue and at this stage I think I'm still in the contagious stage as I'm coughing, sneezing and splattering stage and I don't want to infect anyone else.

My proxy goes to Matt in the debate on cameras.

Peter.

Oldgreybeard
4th September 2017, 09:45 AM
Unfortunately I'm not able to come this Monday night.

About a week ago I got the flue and at this stage I think I'm still in the contagious stage as I'm coughing, sneezing and splattering stage and I don't want to infect anyone else.

My proxy goes to Matt in the debate on cameras.

Peter.

And I was going to bribe you with some redgum:D:D Get weel quickly.

Bob

Simplicity
4th September 2017, 01:08 PM
And I was going to bribe you with some redgum:D:D Get weel quickly.

Bob

Sorry Bob,
I bride him with red gum awhile back [emoji41]
Hope your well soon Peter

Cheers Matt

Pagie
5th September 2017, 11:05 AM
Bugger I forgot. Someone should have sent me a photo of the meeting.

Simplicity
5th September 2017, 11:23 AM
Bugger I forgot. Someone should have sent me a photo of the meeting.

I will pm you a reminder next months meeting Paige

Cheers Matt

doug3030
5th September 2017, 11:47 AM
I will pm you a reminder next months meeting Paige

Cheers Matt

Wouldn't that be THIS months meeting or have we switched to the first monday?

Simplicity
5th September 2017, 12:38 PM
Wouldn't that be THIS months meeting or have we switched to the first monday?

Um I think I'm struggling with basic life issues again ie calendars[emoji849].
I'm happy if others want to have two gtg this month but it's not just my decision (you really want to leave those decisions in my hands).

Cheers Matt

Simplicity
5th September 2017, 08:39 PM
Report for last night meeting of three.
Lots of discussion about why Bob hates iPhones.
Mick showed me some pics of his lovely tool holding thingy for his lathe.
Sally had a pot of beer.
I pretended I knew what Bob and Mick we're talking about regarding camera stuff.
Cheers Matt

Optimark
5th September 2017, 09:44 PM
Upon arrival I spied Matt and Sally, but being hungry I took off for a seniors meal, great price, nice and small. The welcome surprise was the no salt on the chips and the crispiness of the beer battered fish, washed down with apple juice made me ready for the evening.

I must admit, I didn't expect to find some robust discussion on the plusses and minuses of the iPhone 7. Today I had the pleasure of speaking with and seeing just how the iPhone 7 camera system works, by an owner who is more than well versed in how it can be manipulated. He is a master of how that camera system works in still and movie modes. Some safety film clips that he recorded for our induction courses on using machinery in our Men's Shed looked as though they were shot on an electronic dedicated movie camera. His still images are more than excellent, they are superb.

The iPhone 7 Plus, lets you shoot images at 2x magnification with its 56mm-equivalent lens. Is exactly what I was told by the iPhone 7 Plus owner, who promptly proceeded to demonstrate said features. The iPhone 7 Plus 56mm lens and whether it had a genuine 56mm lens or an equivalent 56mm lens was discussed ad nauseam; hence my detective work today to establish whether or not it had a genuine 56mm lens, or whether it had an equivalent 56mm lens. This camera lens information is also reasonably widely available for anyone who does some diligent research.

For the record, the iPhone 7 Plus has an equivalent 56mm lens.

On to matters wood, I discussed how I was getting ever deeper into wood turning, enjoying it immensely.

Some discussion was then held with regard to the upcoming Nikon D850 camera body, mention was made about it's ability to become a film scanner with a 1:1 macro lens (read Micro Nikkor).

Matt showed some pictures of wooden tools he had recently made for beating things, some discussion about their suitability and what he envisaged doing with said tools was quite interesting.

At this stage some drinks were ordered; hot chocolate is not a strength of the Box Hill RSL. :o

Sally discussed more matters wood and mentioned a gathering on a weekend. I'll let her and Matt elaborate on that.

More matters photographic were discussed.

Time for me to leave.

Mick.

Oldgreybeard
6th September 2017, 09:50 AM
Um I think I'm struggling with basic life issues again ie calendars

Matt,
Surely that "Ubeaut" camera, phone, computer, whatever has a calenender and I thought 'Siri" would whisper in your ear and tell you what day is as and what you are expected to do that day:D

Simplicity
6th September 2017, 01:18 PM
Matt,
Surely that "Ubeaut" camera, phone, computer, whatever has a calenender and I thought 'Siri" would whisper in your ear and tell you what day is as and what you are expected to do that day:D

Bob
I seek advice from higher beings

Simplicity
6th September 2017, 04:20 PM
Ok I've spoken with higher beings

So this month if there's interest we can do another Box Hill GTG.
Monday 25 of September 7 ish start time.

If Doug and Bob could check to make sure I haven't made an of my self I would appreciate it.

Cheers Matt

doug3030
6th September 2017, 05:21 PM

If Doug and Bob could check to make sure I haven't made an of my self I would appreciate it.

25 September is indeed a Monday and is in fact the last Monday in September - Well done Matt. :2tsup: :cool:

However, I will not be able to make it that evening. :(( Family commitments

Cheers

Doug

Simplicity
6th September 2017, 05:59 PM
25 September is indeed a Monday and is in fact the last Monday in September - Well done Matt. :2tsup: :cool:

However, I will not be able to make it that evening. :(( Family commitments

Cheers

Doug

Thanks Doug
Yet again the gene pool is saved ya lol

Oldgreybeard
6th September 2017, 06:10 PM
Ok I've spoken with higher beings

Cheers Matt

Agree with Doug - you got it right. I expect to be there.

Bob
I

Simplicity
11th September 2017, 09:21 PM
Monday 25 September BOX HILL RSL CLUB 7 ish start time.
Pagie I pm you to remind you

Pagie
12th September 2017, 09:54 AM
Thankyou I will be there, I hope.

doug3030
12th September 2017, 01:20 PM
Monday 25 September BOX HILL RSL CLUB 7 ish start time.

Put us down as definite maybe's. Working on it.

CHeers

Doug

Pagie
18th September 2017, 08:30 PM
I think I got the date wrong. But I had a meeting of one.

Simplicity
18th September 2017, 08:38 PM
Lol next week the 25 mate
But the practice was good I'm sure

Cheers Matt(hit me up for a drink)

Gabriel
18th September 2017, 09:20 PM
Think I'm gonna try squeeze this month's in....

Will confirm on the weekend....

Simplicity
19th September 2017, 09:08 PM
Just shameless bumping this.

Next Monday 25 Box Hill RSL GTG all invited.
7 ish start time.

Cheers Matt

Simplicity
23rd September 2017, 09:49 PM
And once bumping again
( My english is getting worse)

But one member I might send a pm to tomorrow night !
Tho he's not the only one to mix dates up lol.

Pagie
23rd September 2017, 11:24 PM
I'll try to remember this time. 🐘

doug3030
24th September 2017, 07:16 PM
Jools and I will be there and will have some dinner in the bistro beforehand if anyone wants to join us.

I will have some as yet unpublished photos of my workbench build http://www.woodworkforums.com/f213/overdue-workbench-build-216908 to share with those who make it to the GTG tomorrow evening.

These pictures may make it onto the forum at a later date but there is no guarantee that they will. Be there or miss out. :D

Cheers

Doug

Simplicity
24th September 2017, 10:04 PM
Jools and I will be there and will have some dinner in the bistro beforehand if anyone wants to join us.

I will have some as yet unpublished photos of my workbench build http://www.woodworkforums.com/f213/overdue-workbench-build-216908 to share with those who make it to the GTG tomorrow evening.

These pictures may make it onto the forum at a later date but there is no guarantee that they will. Be there or miss out. :D

Cheers

Doug

We may be joining you in the dinning room maybe
Sally wants to talk to Jools about something about Richmond!!! beats me

Gabriel
24th September 2017, 10:22 PM
Alright, I'm in - not for dinner but for a few tall tales.

The mantle piece I'm working on is a little large for a show and tell but I'll bring my charming wit and killer personality.

Catch ya round 7!

Simplicity
24th September 2017, 11:04 PM
Alright, I'm in - not for dinner but for a few tall tales.

The mantle piece I'm working on is a little large for a show and tell but I'll bring my charming wit and killer personality.

Catch ya round 7!

Excellent

Sturdee
24th September 2017, 11:24 PM
I'm planning to be here as well.

Peter.

Simplicity
25th September 2017, 10:22 AM
Sounds like we're getting a full house

Oldgreybeard
25th September 2017, 12:22 PM
I am also planning on being there tonight.

Matt, your not the only one to get the date confused, I was planning to go next week:rolleyes:

Simplicity
25th September 2017, 03:31 PM
I am also planning on being there tonight.

Matt, your not the only one to get the date confused, I was planning to go next week:rolleyes:

Your more than welcome to go next week Bob
I've heard the secular meetings are becoming quite the thing.

Kuffy
25th September 2017, 06:37 PM
I'll be heading on out there this evening also. Could someone be so kind to reserve a seat for me or a "pretty clean" area of the floor I can sit on :D

Simplicity
26th September 2017, 07:48 AM
A big turn out last night.
I think ten plus forum guys. Lots of talk about stuff far more complicated than I would ever understand.
Sturee was showing of is amazing turning skills with some lighthouses from cypress pine.
Dale grassed us with is lovely partner small squish thingy(child).
And some of his awesome metal work in the form of hammers.
I was especially impressed with the chassing hammer.
And Doug was there showing pics on a tablet of is wonderful bench under construction.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170925/f89163e30c70e49685b10e3a5f1b32c7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170925/a7dc7b2867ef094fdd64d97f7da0c411.jpg

Cheers Matt

Gabriel
26th September 2017, 08:59 AM
I was just about to say the same thing..... Maybe this (slightly) warmer weather is helping, and the daylight savings about to kick in will help even more.....
A ripper turn out and hopefully a sign of how the meetings will start going stronger. Great to see a few new faces (new to me - but I can't make every meeting so I'm sure they have been there before).
It was that busy that I didn't even get a chance to actually say hi to everyone!!
Maybe we need to start wearing 'hello, my name is' stickers :U

Well done guys as im not sure about the rest of you but these meetings help me find motivation to actually get in the shed so I have something new to discuss next meeting....

All those envious, stop being so, put one foot in front of the other and come along. Especially with the next couple of months being at exclusive (exclusive being open to forumites and people interested in all things crafty) venues. Doug's shed and Matt's....err.... Shed:D

Sturdee
26th September 2017, 11:05 AM
It was indeed a great gathering, good company and lots of things to discus.

BTW Gab the wood that I seem to be allergic to is Cotoneaster, first time I used it it made me sneeze, the second time it was worse and there will never be a third time.

Peter.

doug3030
26th September 2017, 11:59 AM
I was just about to say the same thing..... Maybe this (slightly) warmer weather is helping, and the daylight savings about to kick in will help even more.....
A ripper turn out and hopefully a sign of how the meetings will start going stronger.

Or maybe it was the promise of the opportunity to view the "exclusive photos of my bench build" that brought in the crowds. :wink: Well maybe not.

There was a wide range of skills and experience present among the attendees and as far as I am aware a great night was had by all. You could see synergy happening everywhere as people discussed ideas.

I had to endure a 2.5 hour drive to get there in the gridlocked traffic and it was still worth it. The trip home took considerably less than an hour.

Thanks Gabriel for promoting the upcoming "open shed days" in October and November.

Dale, you have created a little problem for me though. I might have to advance my blacksmithing skills because Jools wants a little hammer like the one you brought for show and tell.

Cheers

Doug

Simplicity
27th September 2017, 07:07 PM
Just a pathetic bumb,
And as Gab said, just turn up we all just turned up once.
Next GTG will be 30 of October( my superiors will possibly check my facts)

Cheers Matt

doug3030
27th September 2017, 08:23 PM
Next GTG will be 30 of October( my superiors will possibly check my facts)

Your superiors can check all they like Matt, you are right again :2tsup:

Cheeres

Doug

Simplicity
27th September 2017, 09:18 PM
Your superiors can check all they like Matt, you are right again :2tsup:

Cheeres

Doug

Two in in a row I'm getting good at this [emoji849]

Simplicity
8th October 2017, 07:11 PM
30 October
GTG BOX HILL RSL 7ish start time

Be brave and turn up

Cheers Matt

Simplicity
21st October 2017, 08:21 PM
30 October
BOX HILL RSL GTG ALL WELCOME
7 ish start time

Cheers Matt

Oldgreybeard
24th October 2017, 08:35 AM
Yes - 30th October 7pm at Box Hill RSL

You have got to turn up - i need advice on a couple of turning problems. So all experts on 4 sided patters PLEASE turn up.

Bob

Simplicity
24th October 2017, 10:08 AM

You have got to turn up - i need advice on a couple of turning problems. So all experts on 4 sided patters PLEASE turn up.

Bob

Disclaimer
If you are a member of this forum
You are considered an expert so turn up.

Cheers Matt

Oldgreybeard
24th October 2017, 11:17 AM

BobExperts on turning 4 sided PLATTERS would be even more helpful:D

Sturdee
24th October 2017, 11:56 AM
Experts on turning 4 sided PLATTERS would be even more helpful:D

Expert - a Has-been Drip Under Pressure

When I was young and innocent learning the language as an immigrant I was told that an "ex" is a has-been and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure. So an "expert" is a has-been drip under pressure.

So I think I'll qualify to help you Bob. :2tsup:

Also may be because I've turned four small 4 sided bowls/platters and two 3 sided bowls. Still planning to do a few 5 sided ones.

Do you want me to bring them to show you?

Peter.

Oldgreybeard
24th October 2017, 01:39 PM
Please bring them Peter, My attempt will surely make yours look the goods.

Very interested in your 3 sided as I am trying to figure out how to make a 3 sided hollow form box with lid and finial. I will bring a round form of what I am wanting to turn - far easier than trying to explain.

Bob

doug3030
24th October 2017, 02:10 PM
Just the other day I made a list of the things I know nothing about. I just checked to be sure - and four sided platters is definitely on the list.

I am not sure of our availability at this stage, there's still too many things happening that are out of my influence. It would be nice to make it if we can as I will be away for the November one.

If we get there we get there.

Cheers

Doug

Simplicity
24th October 2017, 06:12 PM
Just the other day I made a list of the things I know nothing about. I just checked to be sure - and four sided platters is definitely on the list.

I am not sure of our availability at this stage, there's still too many things happening that are out of my influence. It would be nice to make it if we can as I will be away for the November one.

If we get there we get there.

Cheers

Doug

After reading your reply Doug.
I've also made a list of things I know!!!!!

It's only three words long alarmingly.

I KNOW NOTHIIIIINNNNGG you need a heavy German accent to read that lol

Cheers Matt

Oldgreybeard
25th October 2017, 11:01 AM
After reading your reply Doug.
I've also made a list of things I know!!!!!

It's only three words long alarmingly.

I KNOW NOTHIIIIINNNNGG you need a heavy German accent to read that lol

Cheers Matt

Here is a link to a Vic Woods demonstration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH7MMc2K0HA Unfortunately the quality of the video is very ordinary (might have been taken on a phone :D - it also runs for 1 1/2 hours, but is very detailed.

An alternative method - How I turn straight sided bowls – Turn Spain – Woodturning (http://turnspain.com/other-pages/how-to-turn-straight-sided-bowls)

Now there is no excuse for I KNOW NOTHIIIIINNNNGG

Bob

Simplicity
26th October 2017, 08:45 PM
So who's
Coming Monday

Cheers Matt

Sturdee
26th October 2017, 10:36 PM
I'm coming, so I can help Bob with his query or at least try to help him. :U

Peter.

Gabriel
28th October 2017, 03:29 PM
Won't make it this time sorry folks - priorities

Josh giving his baby brother Blake a kiss

doug3030
28th October 2017, 06:22 PM
Won't make it this time sorry folks - priorities

Josh giving his baby brother Blake a kiss

Congratulations mate :2tsup: :2tsup:

Simplicity
28th October 2017, 08:01 PM
Gabriel.
Big congratulations too all of you.

Cheers Matt

Oldgreybeard
28th October 2017, 08:11 PM
Congartulations - enjoy the occassion.

Bob

Simplicity
26th November 2017, 10:41 AM
Very late notice and my apologies.
And we hosted a GTG yesterday !

But Last Monday of the month is tomorrow(if my minders good check my dates)

BOX HILL RSL GTG 7 ish start all very welcome

Cheers Matt

See you there [emoji41]

Simplicity
28th November 2017, 07:30 PM
Meeting of one last night !!
Very informative, I spoke with my self and I in regards to matters of stuff really important stuff thingy stuff.

Cheers Matt

Gabriel
28th November 2017, 10:00 PM
Sorry mate, I'd say I'm on for next month but being Christmas time who knows, then I'd be in for January, but that's out west again (hopefully I can make it but unsure yet) so I'll say I'm looking good for Feb :-)