PDA

View Full Version : O.K So Triton WORKCENTER etc are great,But what about the Power tools?

slip
31st December 2001, 11:01 PM
I just want to get some feedback on what triton saw and the new router owners think of their Power Saw and Router.I originally bought a GMC 1150 watt router,,sure it was only $159.00,but after using it for two weeks,the lockdown lever stuffed out..
took it back and changed it for the new triton router,yes it was alot more$$$ but it is so Great,,power,,quietness,,easy to use,worth every cent!The power saw,have had it for one week and used it every day,,yes it's noisy,but it works,it's precise,its strong,adjustments are a breeze,fits the workcenter perfect,,,my only question is Why TAIWAN?,,,$$$??? they're not cheap!in fact theyre top shelf price,so why?

barrysumpter
1st January 2002, 08:27 AM
Hi Slip,

Welcome to the Bulletin Board.

You're spot on with you analysis.

And an excellent question.

I would prefer Triton to build in Australia.

However, If they can't afford to build in Australia then Taiwan is the next best choice.

For quality that is.

I started hearing the 'is it made in china or is it made in Taiwan' question when researching the Triton Precision Power Saw.

The answer is that 'made in Taiwan' is a better quality product.

So if Triton choose to have their products made in Taiwan then its another informed decision.

Like the other informed decisions on the features list for their Power Saw and Router.

I hope you continue to enjoy your Triton equipment and look forward to more posts from you in the new year.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

[This message has been edited by barrysumpter (edited 01 January 2002).]

DPB
7th January 2002, 03:05 PM
Slip, welcome aboard!

Taiwan? The question implies a concern. If the concern is quality - forget it! My company manufactures in the USA, England, Canada, France and various Asian countries including Taiwan.

Provided there is proper quality control by Triton, then Taiwan manufacturing quality is tops - and the resulting price is much cheaper than other none-asian countries. The reason manufacturers out-source their manufacturing in Taiwan is that they can deliver quality products at competitive prices. Manufacturing in Australia is great, but would you be willing to pay 50% more for your Triton Router or Saw? I doubt it!

Look at it this way, the money Triton has saved you will allow you to purchase another Triton product. I call that win/win!

------------------