PDA

View Full Version : Triton Router

gazaly
23rd November 2001, 07:34 AM
Wondering if anybody has seen said item instore yet? Also the price?

------------------
Bring on the Triton Router!

Charles Castle
24th November 2001, 05:41 PM
I rceived a brochure about it with the Triton newsletter the other day. Price is $450. Bunnings are expecting them in the second week of December.

John Saxton
25th November 2001, 06:55 PM
Must be handing out cigars with 'em at that price!

------------------
Johnno

gazaly
26th November 2001, 07:26 AM
Spoke to my local Mitre 10, they get their stock on the 5 Dec 01, and will list it at $430! If other list at more could get it at less than $400.

------------------

DPB
26th November 2001, 09:06 AM
Hey Tritoneers - there's an opportunity here to save some real money. If we could combine our purchases of the new Triton Router we would have some leaverage. It would require us setting up a registry and all being prepared to purchase from one retailer at one time.

Anyone willing to try this? Count me in!

DPB

Charles Castle
26th November 2001, 08:19 PM
I'll be in that. Let me know on my email [email protected]. Only problem is, I want mine for the holidays just after Christmas.

gazaly
27th November 2001, 07:33 AM
Sounds like a plan. If we could convince one of the Triton clubs to join in, we might be able to save some oxfords!

I'm the same though, I'm looking at after Xmas.

Cheers.

------------------

barrysumpter
28th November 2001, 04:43 AM
Yeah, I'm in.

I'll mention it to Triton Woodworkers Club Holmesglen. Our sponsor is Bowens.

I don't think the guy at Bowens is happy to offer anything more that the standard (around 10%) discount. I just asked him about it when I purchased my 2001 Router Stand, Router Table, and Jigsaw Kit. Not intersted at all. Not even on a cash purchase.

Although Bowens was still cheapest around because they are still running the WWW show prices. I took advantage of Bunnings Price Wars and saved about $80 off regular prices for the lot.

I'll ask Bowens if he's interested and if so then how many purchasers do we need.

My club members are mostly retired and I doubt that we would get much participation.

I was thinking more along the lines of speaking to someone at Bunnings to see what they could do for a group of buyers.

Triton's policy has always been to sell thru retailers. Except for factory seconds which are very close to retail prices anyway and only have one of something in a blue moon.

I've attempted this before. Purchasing software and hardware. Organizing everyones money is a nightmare. 12 people promise to purchase but only 6 people actually turn up to buy. etc.. I now ask for a special discount price for a certain amount of time for all products.

I hope this works.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

[This message has been edited by barrysumpter (edited 28 November 2001).]

gazaly
28th November 2001, 10:03 AM
Cheers Baz, contact me via here or email if you want any help or input. I'm in Melbourne also, and I'll ask my local supplier if he would come to the party, how much, numbers etc..

Seeya.

------------------

barrysumpter
28th November 2001, 06:32 PM
Hi all,
I'm currently coordinating with Don Barton.

I can forward the communicaies to you if you em me a request.

Otherwise its just to early at the moment to plan anything since the router is not out until the 5th of December.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

JackoH
29th November 2001, 04:24 PM
Doorstop. See the latest Triton Newsletter at http://www.triton.au/front.htm.
Regards. John H. http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/biggrin.gif:

[This message has been edited by (edited 29 November 2001).]

barrysumpter
1st December 2001, 06:25 AM
Try this one:
http://www.triton.net.au/ttimes.html#latest

Its VOLUME 7 (2001).

I've spoken to my committee and they have agreed to notify my memebers.

Now there is just enough time to redisign my workshop for better storage and woodworking.
Before my family rewards all my hard work this year with a Triton Router. http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/wink.gif

Now to organize the shop to place the Triton Router centre stage with a 6 foot clearance on all sides. hmmmmmm....

See my review of the Triton 2001 Router Stand, Table, and Jigsaw Attachment. Comming soon.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
The Original Proud Tritoneer

[This message has been edited by barrysumpter (edited 01 December 2001).]

Ian Forster
5th December 2001, 04:36 PM
Wow! I'm a Triton dude but I never read such excitable messages about any product as the preceeding. I s'pose if I think about it i'm just like you guys, I Love It! My Triton sits dead smack centre in my shed and everything else, well, everything else is just everthing else!

barrysumpter
10th January 2002, 05:15 PM
A quick copy of all those interested in the outcome of the Triton Router Group Purchase.

Hi all,

My appologies for those of you who have notified me to remove your names from this mailing list.

And congratulations to those of you who have already aquired the Triton Router.

My last contact has failed to offer any decent discount for a group purchase.

I must now inform all who are still waiting - to persue other avenues for aquiring the Triton Router.

You still have time to purchase the Router and enter the Triton giveaway before January 31st 2002.

Currently the best discount is with Bunnings.
To get the discount from Bunnings you must find a NON-Bunnings price which is cheaper than the current Bunnings price.
When you contact Bunnings for the Bunnings price be sure to ask Bunnings to look on their database and NOT the price on the shelf.
As these prices often differ.

For some reason Bunnings won't give you the 10% discount on another Bunnings cheaper price.
However, I believe if you challenge this and ask for the manager, the manager will probably give you the 10% discount anyway.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer