PDA

View Full Version : Triton Router - Group Purchase

barrysumpter
6th December 2001, 09:12 AM
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you all know that I have been working on a group purchase of the Triton Router.

I'm asking various retailors how many purchases we would have to make to get the best price.

So far Bunnings is the only one who has answered.

And they would need 10 purchases to reduce their alread low prices. But NO price as yet.

So, for now, I am calling for 10 purchasers as a starting point.

I've spoken to another retailer who has given us the group purchase price of $397 INCLUDING GST.

If we can't get 10 people I'll still see what we can do.

So far I have 4 people who are interested.

Please email me with your interest so we can be ready as soon as the Routers arrive.

Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by barrysumpter (edited 06 December 2001).]

Glenn M
6th December 2001, 05:04 PM
I wish I could get my wallet to be interested, Barry http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/frown.gif

------------------
Glenn
www.woodworkbooks.com (http://www.woodworkbooks.com)

Ian Forster
7th December 2001, 09:02 AM
I have an old Ryobi and it just won't die

Ian

barrysumpter
7th December 2001, 11:40 PM
Hi all,

As I now have 5 names on the Group Purchase list for the Triton Router I asked my local retailer how much for 5 instead of 10.

He quoted 5 at $407
and 10 at $397

Thats just $10 difference.

I'm hoping to do better than this.

Could all who have notified me please em with your preference when to purchase.

I don't mind at all. I'm ready now or we can wait until after Christmas.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

Johnno
8th December 2001, 03:37 PM
Barry, at the Triton night (Bunnings, Canberra, Thursday last) they offered the router to all comers, 1-off, for $398. Of course, the stock hasn't yet arrived - their boat hasn't come in! They are 'expecting stock by Dec 12th'.
It's fantastic looking and feels very well made. It's also quiet (unlike the saw) and is obviously very easy to set up.
I lust after one, but my big Hitachi has too many years left. Bugger!

Merry Christmas and safe, happy holidays to all.

John Adams (another proud Tritoneer!)

barrysumpter
8th December 2001, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I understand where your comming from.

I plan to keep my Bosche 1300 ACE for hand held work and plan to use the Triton in the Triton Router Table on a permanant basis.

If I really wanted to go with the Triton only I'd sell my Router thru the Trading Post.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

ubeaut
9th December 2001, 11:55 AM
Barry - Don't do anything yet. I may be able to beat all of your prices. I will check later next week on my buy price.

Not what you know but who.

Cheers - Neil

barrysumpter
9th December 2001, 01:12 PM
Roger that.

Holding.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

coastie
12th December 2001, 10:54 AM
Barry:
Just a thought but if you dont get ten intending purchasers from the same geographic area any savings you may be able to make would be nullified by freight costs to get it them to them.
It looks the goods but is made in Taiwan.
(Whats happening to my country?Importing oranges from the US while we plough trees into the ground etc,etc,etc,)

George
12th December 2001, 01:14 PM
At a group price of $397 it seems like a lot of messing around to save $1 off the quoted Bunnings price!

barrysumpter
12th December 2001, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the reply Coastie and George.

I won't be persuing this unless I get a decent price from a retailer for the people who have asked me to keep them updated.

Shipping is the purchasers responsability and will not be considered when researching these prices.

It's my plan to get the retailer to agree to a price and make the product available to the purchasing group if and when the memebers arrange the purchase themselves.

At the moment everyone in the purchasing group is from the Melbourne area.

So far NO retailer has stock.
The $397 is only a retail guide.
As yet I have NOT been able to get an authentic group purchase price.

No retailer knows for sure.

Still looking at the 21st of Dec.

And still holding.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

[This message has been edited by barrysumpter (edited 12 December 2001).]

barrysumpter
12th December 2001, 02:50 PM
Hi again all,

Just got a phone call telling me the ship has arrived and that Triton expect the Routers to arrive at 3pm today.

They also expect the Routers to be on the shelves, available for purchase, on the 14th.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

barrysumpter
10th January 2002, 05:19 PM
I've been corresponding privately with the Purchasers who notified me directly via email.

This is just a quick copy for all those interested in the outcome of the Triton Router Group Purchase.

Hi all,

My appologies for those of you who have notified me to remove your names from this mailing list.

And congratulations to those of you who have already aquired the Triton Router.

My last contact has failed to offer any decent discount for a group purchase.

I must now inform all who are still waiting - to persue other avenues for aquiring the Triton Router.

You still have time to purchase the Router and enter the Triton giveaway before January 31st 2002.

Currently the best discount is with Bunnings.
To get the discount from Bunnings you must find a NON-Bunnings price which is cheaper than the current Bunnings price.
When you contact Bunnings for the Bunnings price be sure to ask Bunnings to look on their database and NOT the price on the shelf.
As these prices often differ.

For some reason Bunnings won't give you the 10% discount on another Bunnings cheaper price.
However, I believe if you challenge this and ask for the manager, the manager will probably give you the 10% discount anyway.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

[This message has been edited by barrysumpter (edited 10 January 2002).]