PDA

View Full Version : Wanted (QLD) Timber to turn

mummatoni
4th June 2017, 03:24 PM
Hi i am looking for some assorted timber to turn for boxes and small turned vessels, and pepper mills. Has anyone got any willing to part with for a reasonable price or point me in the direction to find some. I look forward to what you have to share with me
thanks toni

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

doug3030
4th June 2017, 04:04 PM
I look forward to what you have to share with me

It would make it a lot easier to know if we can help if we know where you are.:?

Cheers

Doug

mummatoni
4th June 2017, 05:09 PM
It would make it a lot easier to know if we can help if we know where you are.:?

Cheers

Doug
Hi Doug i am Townsville

mummatoni
4th June 2017, 05:10 PM
Hi Doug i am Townsville

Am prepared to pay freight within reason. As can't go collect it so have to find another way to get it

dai sensei
4th June 2017, 08:15 PM
JohnG is a miller at El Arish and has quite a bit, so not too far from you in Qld terms :D, send him a PM as probably your cheapest option. There is also a club at Townsville (?) and may have some.

I also have quite a bit of timber from all over Aus and could put together a postal pack for you. I have your softer Maple, Jac, Camphor up to some of the hardest desert Acacias. Let me know if you are interested what colours, timbers and sizes and I'll let you know a price. I also make and sell a lot of cast blanks, wood in epoxy resin, if you are ready to spread your wings.

mummatoni
4th June 2017, 09:30 PM
JohnG is a miller at El Arish and has quite a bit, so not too far from you in Qld terms :D, send him a PM as probably your cheapest option. There is also a club at Townsville (?) and may have some.

I also have quite a bit of timber from all over Aus and could put together a postal pack for you. I have your softer Maple, Jac, Camphor up to some of the hardest desert Acacias. Let me know if you are interested what colours, timbers and sizes and I'll let you know a price. I also make and sell a lot of cast blanks, wood in epoxy resin, if you are ready to spread your wings.
Ears are pricked at resin and wood right there. What sort value are they?

dai sensei
4th June 2017, 10:43 PM
Ears are pricked at resin and wood right there. What sort value are they?

Depends on wood type and if stabilised or not but cast stuff is not cheap. The resins aren't cheap, plus a lot of work involved to do it properly. Have a look here https://www.facebook.com/pg/DaiSenseiWoodworking/photos/?ref=page_internal but start at $25 for small blocks, the large pepper grinder blanks 70x70x360 are $100, stabilised add another $20