PDA

View Full Version : Fare ye well o Tritonites

Sandy Johnston
13th January 2002, 12:27 AM
Just a brief note to say so-long to all you budding Triton users out there. I have flicked off my Triton gear except for the multi stands which I can use in the next chapter. I had a bit of an injury and what can I say but to "Switch off Machine before Brain" - My fault entirley NOT TRITONs!!!
My left thumb was ripped diagonally back in November and is still under TLC.
A bit of a shock to the system not to mention ego - never mind still have 5 on each and intend to keep it that way!!
To all you tritonites out there - Keep up the good work.
Even though I have moved on, I will still enjoy browsing this arena and chipping in my 2 cents worth.
Regards
Sandy across the ditch

barrysumpter
14th January 2002, 05:30 PM
Hi Sandy,

I'm sorry to hear about the accident.
I hope your not in any pain and you recover quickly.

Are you moving on as in 'away from woodworking' or just away from Triton?

What a shame to loose a contributing member. Especially a fellow tritoneer.

Please do be sure to continue posting here and letting us know how you're getting along and healing up.

Thanks for all the posts so far.

And all the best to you and yours.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

[This message has been edited by barrysumpter (edited 15 January 2002).]

Sandy Johnston
14th January 2002, 09:09 PM
Thanks, I am not in much "PAID" so any contributions greatfully accepted.
Pain wise - No I have not really had much - the blade guard was off whilst cutting slots in rails for sliding doors and I removed the timber and left the blade running. Next I turned around to switch off the saw and took a short-cut through the spinning blade.
It felt a bit like being thumped with a wet towel and I looked up at my now extended arm to see the bloody thumb hanging down. Got to A & E and they pumped morphine into me and that was it until surgery next day.
Moral - ALWAYS turn off the machine BEFORE removing the timber.
Anyhow enough of the grusome details hows the lamp coming along?
Ya finished it yet?
No - I'm not moving away from the UBeaut B.Board, just the Triton side of things - for now anyway. Got a Rioby 10" table saw to play with now - Bigger Faster SHARPER (Haha).

Regards
Sandy across the ditch.

John Saxton
15th January 2002, 01:42 PM
Glad to hear that you're on the mend Sandy.
You got the moral right...."think first act later"
Would be few on this BB that hasn't had to show some sort of humility in their lifespan.
Cheers http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Johnno