PDA

View Full Version : Wanted (QLD) Parts for Performax (or JET) 16-32 Plus Drum Sander

old woody
17th July 2017, 09:29 PM
Hi All,

was recently given a Performax 16-32 Plus drum sander. Needs a conveyor drive and new conveyor belt.

Putting it out there to see if anyone has any parts sitting around they want to dispose of. Alternatively anyone know where to look for manufacturer spares, in Oz preferably.

joez
19th July 2017, 01:03 PM
When I needed to replace the conveyor on my 22/44 the local agent got them made up by a local sandpaper supplier. They are just large sandpaper belts I suppose.

The first one wasn't quite square and I had issues with tracking, but the second unit worked a treat. I would say it's about 100 grit, I would google search for local suppliers offering belts made to size.

Not sure re the drive unit, sorry

Joez

Ilya
19th July 2017, 01:38 PM
Sandpaper man (https://www.thesandpaperman.com.au/) advertises on their facebook page to contact them for replacement conveyor belts.

old woody
19th July 2017, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the input

KBs PensNmore
19th July 2017, 11:13 PM
Not sure if the Jet or Performax is the same as the Generic drum sanders, but I got my spare parts from Leda Machinery and Carbatec, prices vary a bit between the two, so check first.
Kryn

old woody
20th July 2017, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the advice Kryn