PDA

View Full Version : Reference books

Peter Hinchcliffe
11th February 2002, 09:42 PM
Is there any books that I can purchase that would assist me to learn how to us the workcentre, cutting joints, mitres and all things I may learn to do with the workcentre.

I am tired of fast forwarding and rewinding the video any help would be appreciated

barrysumpter
12th February 2002, 09:19 AM
Hi Peter,
I've asked before but Triton seems to think that the videos far outweight any benefit from a book.

The 'picture is work a thousand words' comes to mind at the moment.

The vidoes are like having a demonstrator on hand 24 hours a day.

The users guide you get with each Triton product I found to be invaluable before buying the videos.

I was shocked when I purchased the Bosche 1300 ACE and it DID NOT come with a users guide.

Its been a fantasy of mine for the last few months to findsome one who is willing to spend some time with me to put together a Trition Handbook. No takers so far.

And each time I want to start a project I run for the video and fast forward to the appropriate demonstration.

And often stumble over a segent I should have used on the last project.

Welcome and all the best,

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

Tony H
12th February 2002, 01:13 PM
Hi Peter,
Like you, I am a beginner at all this. I haven't seen the videos yet (apart from the one that comes with the workcentre and watching the continuous video in my local Bunnings store).

But I found the setup manual with each of the products to be invaluable. In addition to their ease of use, I found things like test cuts, tips & techniques, hints etc. were enough to get me going and to wet my appetite for more.

What I will be looking for soon is more a woodworking course of some sort. If they use Triton equipment that would be a bonus.

Good Luck http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/smile.gif
Regards

------------------
Tony Hind

Ang
12th February 2002, 06:15 PM
Hello Peter,

I am not sure of your location though the Triton Club in Canberra will be covering jointmaking at our next meeting in March.

------------------
Cheers,
Angelo