PDA

View Full Version : fit out bay window

browny000
19th September 2005, 10:40 AM
hi, i am in the process of converting the opening of a single attached garage from roller door to a bay window, are there any plans etc to show how to do the fitout with timber studs to install the bay window, any and all help is appreciated.

ozwinner
19th September 2005, 07:00 PM
hi, i am in the process of converting the opening of a single attached garage from roller door to a bay window, are there any plans etc to show how to do the fitout with timber studs to install the bay window, any and all help is appreciated.

There are plans available.
Plan 1.
Get a chippy to do it for you, they come equiped with all the right tools and knowledge at the fraction of the cost of a bugger up.

Al, ( yaaargh) :)

leeton
19th September 2005, 07:00 PM
I put a Bay/Garden window in years ago, just framed it up exactly as a normal window, the bay window was complete and just slotted in the hole.
When I mean complete, the window had the top and bottom and sides all in the frame.

ausdesign
21st September 2005, 04:23 PM
as leeton said if your buying a bay window unit you just stick it in the hole.
All manuf. will be able to give you the stud opening dimensions, & the dimensions to increase your floor area by [if your installing to floor level]
the existing opening will have a lintel over it to support roof loads etc so you just fill in either side of the bay opening to the right dimension and slip it in.
All this is assuming that the bay is going to be smaller than the existing opening if not get a professional to look at it.

browny000
22nd September 2005, 09:05 PM
hey thankx alot guys, it appears that one of the guys at work is a closet chippy/builder and he said he would do it :D , once again many thanks