PDA

View Full Version : Perth Wood Show

brendan stemp
1st August 2017, 01:58 PM
It will be my first time at the Perth Wood Show which is this weekend. I will be there with a star studded cast from Vermec; Guilio, Enzo and John Scarfe. I hope to catch up with a few Westerners who I only know as names on a forum.

BlackbuttWA
2nd August 2017, 04:11 PM
They usually put on a great show.
BUT.......There is just too much temptation to buy even more tools, timber and burls.:U
Hope to see you there Brendan.

col

Sturdee
2nd August 2017, 08:14 PM
Good luck with the show. Hope you convert many people to wood turning.

Just a pity it's in the west and not at the Melbourne show, which no longer caters to the turning fraternity.

Peter.

Willy Nelson
2nd August 2017, 11:57 PM
Hello Brendan
I shall be there, on Friday, highlight of my wood turning calendar. See you then

On the WA Wood show website, John Scarfe is known as 'the Faaaaaaaboulous John Scarfe'
Willy
Jarrahland

bookend
5th August 2017, 01:18 AM
I met Brendan today. I bought some Crushgrind pepper grinder mechanisms from him, which I had never seen over here, and had a chat about his YouTube videos.
He's a great guy with a great sense of humour. Drop in and see him. He's easy to chat with and his talent is awesome.

BlackbuttWA
5th August 2017, 12:25 PM
Good to meet you inn person & have a chat Fri.
Very popular as each time walked past you were very busy with guys.
Will send you photo od that peppermill we spoke about.
Good luck for today & Sun
Col

BlackbuttWA
8th August 2017, 03:24 PM
Yes, I do have some photo's.
Only what was in the competition & display by members of WAWA & their affiliated groups.
BUT...have updated Windows 10 & it has stuffed up the WiFi & now I can't download them.
If & when I get it sorted I will post them.
Col

brendan stemp
8th August 2017, 07:11 PM
Best Wood Show in Oz! Really well organised and the organizers are'nt out to rip everyone off. Plenty of people through the door and a great buzz. I enjoyed chatting and catching up with all you Westerners. And Perth is a beautiful city! I will be back.

HazzaB
11th August 2017, 10:44 AM
Hey Brendano,
It was my pleasure to meet you and have a chat, yes the show is pretty good, but us regulars have noticed a reduction in size over the years, but like Guilio said nothing like the way the East Coast shows are getting smaller.
Keep working on SWMBO and come on over for a road trip

brendan stemp
11th August 2017, 02:42 PM
We are both very keen so it would be good to do some demos while we're there.

dai sensei
11th August 2017, 09:57 PM
Best Wood Show in Oz!....

You need to get up to Melany :wink: