PDA

View Full Version : Router Table Fence Faces

Bob Jager
16th February 2002, 10:28 PM
I've spent a lot of time over the last few days changing from my standard fence faces to an auxillary fence face and back again, and I am sick and tired of each time having to completely undo and remove eight nuts and screws and then doing them up again on the new fence.

Has anyone developed a better solution to fence face changes?

I thought of creating a key hole (large enough for the nut to fit through) at the outer end of each slot so that all you would have to do is loosen each nut half a turn and then pull the fence faces fully outwards until the nuts aligned with the key holes and then simply remove the fences and then replace them using the reverse procedure.

Before I start creating holes, can anyone see a problem with this solution?

barrysumpter
17th February 2002, 08:04 AM
Hi Bob,

Well, alright!

An Excellent suggestion!

Well done!

I just spoke to a Triton representative on Friday who confirmed he knows of this bulleetin board. So hopefully Trition will take this on as a constructive suggestion.

The only thing I can add is that we need to return to the one handed appraoch where we only need a screw driver and NOT an extra hand ferrating around the back of the fence to keep the nut in place.

There are washers which have wings. This washer is just the size of the nut and the wings fit around the nut on either side of the nut to keep the nut from spinning.

If there is a 'winged' washer which extends the wings beyond the nut where the wings could fit into the keyhole slide then this would solve my two handed problem.
The wings would also be long enough to lock into the mdf face board.
And would be long enough to allow for loosening the nut.
i.e. The pressure of the screw driver on the screw head would push the nut and winged washer back, enough to loosening for sliding and removal. And would stay in place during removal and re-mounting.

Or perhaps there is a nut which is currently available which has this functionality.

Both of these would be a post-production modification by the woodworker but would be easy for Trition to add to their production line processing.

Yes, indeed.

An excellent suggestion, Bob.

Could you please let me know if you are going to persue the keyhole modifications?

And let me know how you go?

If not, I'll have a go myself and let you know.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

[This message has been edited by barrysumpter (edited 17 February 2002).]

RETIRED
17th February 2002, 07:14 PM
You need "T" nuts.

------------------
Ian () Robertson
"We do good turns every day"

Iain
18th February 2002, 07:46 AM
Tried them , taste terrible, 'P' nuts are much better http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/wink.gif

Bob Jager
21st February 2002, 08:53 PM
Barry,

re: "Could you please let me know if you are going to persue the keyhole modifications?

And let me know how you go?

If not, I'll have a go myself and let you know."

It'll be a while b4 I get the opportunity, so go ahead and have a go and pls let me know the outcome.

barrysumpter
22nd February 2002, 08:28 AM
Don't know when.

Bit I'll get to it sometime.

baz