PDA

View Full Version : Festo OF 2000E Router - only for dovetails 2 smallcabinets - on Gumtree

tom's shed
30th August 2017, 06:31 PM
Festo OF 2000E 1800W Router with dust extractor attachment

I am selling this as is - for use with the Leigh 24" dovetail jig - has a 5/16" cutter in place.

Used to ONLY make the ornamental dovetails to drawers on the two small spice/jewellery cabinets shown, by an aged hobbyist woodworker who is gradually disposing of tools and equipment.
- I just found this out (Sheer indulgence on woodworker's part and I say no more here on that score, other than the whole set of dovetailing equipment advertised is in new or almost new condition) My loss but buyers' gains here.

* Sturdy wooden stand with brackets to attach to a bench top for router
* Around 3.5 metres of 2cm hose for dust extraction.
* Manual for the Festo OF 2000E Router
*Dust extractor sheet manual and associated bit - 5/16" Leigh

Price $1200

View more photos on Gumtree

Shown are those 2 cabinets (only items) that the hobbyist did produce using the router and jig. The article he wrote appeared in an issue of The Australian Woodworker. See photo.

I am happy for the item to be inspected by appointment. Just contact.

Sorry re photos rotation - seem they have their own mind as to position. I cannot see how to change back to normal here419341419342419343419344419345.

tom's shed
31st August 2017, 07:31 PM
Please note I have reduced the price already to $950 on Gumtree but not able to make changes to the ad included here on the forum.
Seeking advice from Festool re a close match to assess an asking price, the woman in Customer Relations yesterday gave a price $600 more than I see they are online. Hence the price I have in the ad which seems to have caused some 'upsets'.
Still same great machine which has only done 2 trips around the block . 3 in one Hammer had a router, the designated table had a router enclosed. How many routers does a hobbyist need?

tom's shed
31st August 2017, 07:37 PM
Oops. On Gumtree @ $975

FenceFurniture
31st August 2017, 08:34 PM
Tom, tbh I don't think you have a hope at that price. Check the price of a brand new OF1400 (http://www.festool.com.au/epages/tooltechnic.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/tooltechnic/Products/574346). They are only 400 watts less, and your machine, whilst it may not have seen much use, is many many years old. Throwing in the hose? Meh, you only need one anyway, and they work much better with a 36mm hose in my experience.

I am not a potential buyer, just offering some friendly advice.

HTH

tom's shed
31st August 2017, 09:00 PM
Thanks HTH. That measure on the hose is an error. I just checked - ext measure is 36mm. (Photo showing it hanging on wall should reveal it is not tiny!)

FenceFurniture
31st August 2017, 09:30 PM
That means that the ID is 27mm, which is what Festool usually recommends. I'm talking about 36mm ID, which is significantly more cross sectional area, and therefore air movement.

Oh, and HTH is Hope This Helps - I'm FF :U

tom's shed
31st August 2017, 10:20 PM
Guess he must have purchased this particular diam on recommendation, as other larger ones were in the workshop - bit more cumbersome to have dangling overhead as this specific one was situated above the work area. Thanks again.

elanjacobs
1st September 2017, 05:22 PM
It would help if you put the Gumtree link in the thread

tom's shed
1st September 2017, 08:22 PM
elanjacobs Thank you for your message.
This is the Gumtree link for the Festo OF 2000E router

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sydney-city/miscellaneous-goods/festo-of-2000e-router-etc-v-light-use-in-ornamental-dovetailing/1158264879

elanjacobs
2nd September 2017, 08:11 PM
I agree with FF - nearly a grand for the router with no fence... Tell him he's dreamin'

Mr Brush
2nd September 2017, 09:35 PM
I believe he's already been told that, but listed it at this price anyway.... :rolleyes:

Realistically, I'd pay about $500 for one of these older routers, Festool or not, and it would need to be in immaculate condition.

elanjacobs
3rd September 2017, 12:09 AM
Well, as always, the market will dictate its worth

tom's shed
6th September 2017, 06:25 AM
The fence was found - It has never been used.

It can pay to keep searching amongst all the items and not always believe what one is told.