PDA

View Full Version : FREE (VIC) Home made lathe

Uncle Henry
5th September 2017, 07:19 PM
This is a really large, heavy duty full size lathe.
It came with a load of other machinery I bought and I haven't had time to do anything with it.

The seller told me he tested it and it was running but when I checked it the wires into the motor had started to melt.
I took the motor off to re-wire but that's as far as I got.
everything included to put it back together.

Has homemade tool rest and tail stock.

speed is adjustable by pulleys.

Collect from Belgrave, Vic.

Free, but if you have some scraps of wood or pen blanks you want to trade for it even better!

Pagie
5th September 2017, 09:02 PM
Very generous offer. I don't need anymore lathes. But I have plenty of wood if you want a few pieces.

Uncle Henry
5th September 2017, 10:11 PM
Very generous offer. I don't need anymore lathes. But I have plenty of wood if you want a few pieces.

Thanks Pagie,

I'm still plodding along trying to learn turning since the impromptu lesson you gave me.
I'm getting OK at spindle turning but hopeless at hollowing or bowl turning.

I'm trying a few basic things like tea-light holders etc - the girls want to do a market closer to xmas and try to sell a few things.

Pagie
6th September 2017, 10:02 AM
Thanks Pagie,

I'm still plodding along trying to learn turning since the impromptu lesson you gave me.
I'm getting OK at spindle turning but hopeless at hollowing or bowl turning.

I'm trying a few basic things like tea-light holders etc - the girls want to do a market closer to xmas and try to sell a few things.

Come up for more lessons if you want. I don't know much but am willing to share

Uncle Henry
9th September 2017, 03:55 PM
If no one wants this I'll salvage the motor and scrap the rest, which would be a shame....
I just don't have the space