PDA

View Full Version : Two good days....

Dalboy
7th September 2017, 08:18 AM
....well maybe not so good. Yesterday a piece of wood decided to fly out of the chuck where does it go yes you got it straight for the face the good news is that I wear a full face respirator, made me jump and the cause of this I had a catch without the tailstock in place. Then today turning away and I hear a noise and wonder why I can.t see anything one of the lenses decided to fall out of my glasses and again the respirator to the rescue as I was wearing it and the lens was caught so nothing was lost. Good job I have a spare set so that I could see to repair them.
Now lets see if I can burn the house down as I am working on a hollow form with the pyrography machine

Keith_1
8th September 2017, 01:08 PM
Well it looks like you didn't burn the house down - looking at the great pyrography work on your turning

Regards

Keith

crowie
8th September 2017, 03:29 PM
You seem to have a smile in your description of the events Derek, so I'm pleased you're still all together and will be soon showing off your handy work...Peter

Dalboy
11th September 2017, 07:38 PM
Sorry for the late reply as before the weekend was getting ready for a Woodfest just up the road from me over the weekend. I think this post is another which goes to show the need for the right equipment when doing any form of woodworking.
Other than that had a great weekend and plenty of compliments on the half track I made as well as a gentleman paying me the biggest compliment of all by stating that the work on my stall was the best he had seen throughout the whole show.
Some photo's of our stall including some of the wife's work.

crowie
11th September 2017, 07:55 PM
Derek, you & Noreen are two very talented & clever people.
The stall looks great, well done sir. Cheers Peter

Dalboy
11th September 2017, 08:13 PM
Derek, you & Nolene are two very talenten & clever people.
The stall looks great, well done sir. Cheers Peter

Thank you Peter my wife is Noreen:U.

crowie
11th September 2017, 09:09 PM
Thank you Peter my wife is Noreen:U.

Apologies to you & Noreen for my mistake, I've managed to correct the spelling error....Thank you Derek.. Peter

Keith_1
13th September 2017, 10:47 AM
Yes - totally agree with Crowie - what a talented couple :2tsup:

Regards

Keith

crowie
14th September 2017, 02:12 PM
Yes - totally agree with Crowie - what a talented couple :2tsup:

Regards

Keith
Similar to Cathy & Keith for sure!!