PDA

View Full Version : Handy Tip

Termite
21st September 2005, 03:08 PM
Spotted this while browsing, not a bad idea.

DanP
21st September 2005, 03:24 PM
Called a floor sweep. You get one in the C-Tec/Tmbecon/etc accessory pack.

Dan

PS. No idea what the thing he holding is :confused:

Termite
21st September 2005, 03:27 PM
Called a floor sweep. You get one in the C-Tec/Tmbecon/etc accessory pack.

Dan
Yeh Dan, I got one in mine and didn't have a clue what to do with it, until I saw this pic, and was too embarrased to ask. :o

gazaly
21st September 2005, 03:28 PM
PS. No idea what the thing he holding is :confused:

Is that the thing women use? :p

(......in-coming............) :eek:

Auspiciousdna
21st September 2005, 03:30 PM
Nice shirt, how much do you thing that set him back?

Thanks for the tip!!!!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

outback
21st September 2005, 03:40 PM
If you have a fully ducted and working DC setup, how the F. does the dust get on the floor to be swept up into the sucker thing?

bitingmidge
21st September 2005, 03:45 PM
If you have a fully ducted and working DC setup, how the F. does the dust get on the floor to be swept up into the sucker thing?

Hmmmm, Outback.

May I suggest you do a search?

Anything with the word "Derek" in it may provide a clue!

Cheers,

P

:D :D :D

RufflyRustic
21st September 2005, 04:14 PM

POW!!!!

Did I get ya, did I get ya???:D

cheers
RufflyRustic

DanP
21st September 2005, 04:16 PM
No coz you throw like a girl... :p

Dan (running for my life)

woodcutta
21st September 2005, 04:49 PM
Bought mine a couple of years ago for $2.99 at a Rockler sidewalk sale. Good deal, but the accessory to push the broom has cost me a fortune.

Woodcutta

Grunt
21st September 2005, 04:59 PM
I've got a really good tip.

It's in Lancefield about 10ks away. Damn fine tip, bit smelly though.

Termite
21st September 2005, 05:07 PM
I've got a really good tip.

It's in Lancefield about 10ks away. Damn fine tip, bit smelly though.
http://www.ubeaut.biz/FLIPA.gif :D

ele__13
21st September 2005, 05:12 PM

I prepare to be chomped but i know u lot can use one of them as well as wat i can so stop being that way inclined !!!! cheers Jules with a huge smirk on her face !!!!!!!!

Ps im glad we can all laugh about this post !!!!

kiwigeo
21st September 2005, 05:13 PM
This is the Howard Governments new scheme to eradicate unemployment forever...

Just out of the photo the shavings are being spat back out onto the floor...

outback
21st September 2005, 07:58 PM
Hmmmm, Outback.

May I suggest you do a search?

Anything with the word "Derek" in it may provide a clue!

Cheers,

P

:D :D :D

Wot, doesn't Derek use the optional shaving collector kit on his planes and connect them direct to the DC?

Auld Bassoon
21st September 2005, 08:05 PM
I thought I was alone in this: Mine's hanging on a hook at the back of the shed - guess I'll have to give it a whizz: Q: what's that funny object the bloke's holding - can't see a lead, so it can't be "light side", and it doesn't seem to have an 'edge' so it can't be "dark side"? confused...http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif

Cheers!

Auld Bassoon
21st September 2005, 08:07 PM
That, Outvack (sorryhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif!), is what is called "An Embarrasing Question" - not to be asked in polite woodie societyhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif

Cheers!

gazaly
21st September 2005, 08:14 PM
POW!!!!

Did I get ya, did I get ya???:D

cheers
RufflyRustic

Fair bump, play on!

outback
21st September 2005, 08:22 PM
The doohickey the blokes holding is an MILTD.

junkboy999
21st September 2005, 08:24 PM
cant belive so many have not seen that floor take-up. My high school shop had one and every Hobbie shop I have ever been in had one too. And to the Q how the F does dust get on the floor. I'm sure your hand held router, scrapers, and sanding block dont have a DC hook-up heheh :)

PhilMcCrackin
21st September 2005, 08:28 PM
I was under the impression that this sort of floor sweeping setup is an absolute no no. I may speak for myself but shavings on the floor of my shed tend to contain nasty hard lumps of wood and when I send them down the DC pipe they tend to make a loud & expensive "I am going to wreck my plastic fan blades" kind of noise. So I tend to avoid doing this and I am sure I read this somewhere else (proabbly the manual).

outback
21st September 2005, 08:29 PM
OH YEH! ya want photos, you, you, doubting Thomas you.

junkboy999
21st September 2005, 09:29 PM
..... tend to make a loud & expensive "I am going to wreck my plastic fan blades" kind of noise. So I tend to avoid doing this and I am sure I read this somewhere else (proabbly the manual).

This is why most people use a separator like a bin or a cyclone. Even my manual recommends a separator for every day use. The floor take-up does take in a lot of dirt and dingo poo this way, for you guys still with dirt floor in your shed out there in the out back.

outback
21st September 2005, 09:37 PM
This is why most people use a separator like a bin or a cyclone. Even my manual recommends a separator for every day use. The floor take-up does take in a lot of dirt and dingo poo this way, for you guys still with dirt floor in your shed out there in the out back.

OH, my sides split with mirth.

ele__13
21st September 2005, 10:21 PM
Who has dirt floors we have our triton set up on our front varandah and i know the closest dingo's are prob 40 kms away .... or over on fraser island

Bodgy
21st September 2005, 11:12 PM
For those of you fortunate bastards that are unaware, the thingo that the chap in the nice blue shirt is holding, is Her Indoor's favoured means of transport.

GT model, I believe.

Sturdee
21st September 2005, 11:48 PM
cant believe so many have not seen that floor take-up.

I'm with you Terry, I've got 2 of them connected in my shop. They came with the CT accessories packs so I have one at either end. Helps keeping the shop clean.

Peter.

rick_rine
21st September 2005, 11:51 PM
Spotted this while browsing, not a bad idea.

. At work I always disconnect the dust extractor from the jointer and sweep the sawdust into that tube but this simple photo has really given me a new way of looking at things and just to have a dedicated suction pipe for sweeps is just so simple . Brilliant .
Why didn't I think of it before .
Its a funny thing and this is why this site is so good , it just gives you ideas .
Thanks

Rick

soundman
22nd September 2005, 11:26 PM
The question here is would you rather empty a dust pan or your dust extractor.
You could easily sweep large amounts of stuff into your floor sweep & rapidly fill up you dusty. Or use a dust pan and empty a bin.
Supose it would be all right in a joint with a big extraction system emptied into a truck, but emptying my dust extractor isn't my favorite activity.
cheers

rick_rine
23rd September 2005, 12:01 AM
So I tend to avoid doing this and I am sure I read this somewhere else (proabbly the manual).

Whats a manual ?.
Is it something like instructions ?
Never read them , oops there goes my finger .

Rabbit
23rd September 2005, 05:07 AM
was a female personal transportation device.

rabbit, runnin' for his hole in central TX 'cause Rita's comin'

savage
23rd September 2005, 09:51 AM
Whats a manual ?.

Some very wise person (probably a female):D once said "When all else fails, read the instructions!", only on very rare occassions do I have to fall back on this way of thinking, as it's not the male way to do things!...:D Ha!Ha!...
savage:)

PhilMcCrackin
23rd September 2005, 08:04 PM
Whats a manual ?.

You are Tasmanian I suppose....

Stu in Tokyo
23rd September 2005, 09:20 PM
I have concrete floors, and when I sweep up the floors, I'd rather not put that crap through my cyclone, plus there are always bits of this and that, steel, aluminium, plastic etc, and as I take my chips to the local Shinto Shrine, where the head priest guy uses it in his compost, I don't think it would be a good idea to pick up all the non-wood crap off my floors.

Do Dingo pooh here.....

Cheers!