PDA

View Full Version : Nice 12' table saw on Ebay

Bodgy
21st September 2005, 05:05 PM
Cast iron top, extension arms looks pretty serious. $450, one day left. Pick up in Glebe, Sydney.

Wish I had the room in shed

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Table-Saw-with-mitre-gauge-panel-rail-system_W0QQitemZ7546808148QQcategoryZ105827QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gumby
21st September 2005, 06:53 PM
Some people have absolutely no idea how to market anything. I mean, as a salesman, that ad just leaves me flabergasted. And I don't flabergast easily :D

No detail, history, anything. It looks a good buy for somebody around that price.

sol381
21st September 2005, 06:59 PM
Gumby is spot on. just ridicuous non-advertising. Id email the bloke and ask , age, motor size, maker, brand, product code (if any). Just quiz the hell out of him. Its too late after youve bought it.
stef

Gumby
21st September 2005, 07:01 PM
Gumby is spot on and never wrong.

You catch on fast mate, you'll get along fine with us in here. :D ;)

Ivan in Oz
21st September 2005, 07:16 PM
Anything Decent....[Read $$$$]
I like to make contact well before close.

I miss out anyway, but; what the Heck?

outback
21st September 2005, 08:05 PM
AHHM, call me pedantic Gumby, but it is good manners when you quote someone, to actually only use the exact words they did. Adding your own words and interpretation is called something else, now wots the word, Oh yes. ******** :D

Wood Butcher
21st September 2005, 08:08 PM
At least he tried;), I never noticed:eek:

Waldo
21st September 2005, 08:15 PM
G'day,

Yeah I saw (no pun intended) that one earlier today and thought the same as you lot. I have tablesaws / ebay permantly bookmarked and have a poke from time to time.

Is it a Delta? Looks like it, but he's had plenty of lookers but with no info I'd doubt he'll get a bit - noob first timers on eBay.

Gumby
21st September 2005, 08:19 PM
and have a poke from time to time.

Pass :rolleyes:

Waldo
21st September 2005, 08:22 PM
G'day,

Aww c/mon Gumby, what's wrong? I left an opening there for you knowing you'd see me post.

Dust Mite
21st September 2005, 08:42 PM
Dont be fooled by a pretty photo. I just recently saw a similar unit on trade-me.co.nz and went and had a look at it.

Complete waste of time. The guy reckoned it was a year old and a good as new. Who was he trying to fool.?

That machine looks to be in a similar condition and beware the words "just needs a little adjustment".

The one I looked at had noisy bearings, the belt was worn, the top rusted, pitted and warped. The fence had had so much use it would hardly slide let alone lock straight.

And the motor was noisy, which a good induction motor should absolutelty not be.

The photo in the trade me ad looked as good or maybe better than the actual condition of the saw. After looking at it I came to the conclusion the photo had be taken considerably earlier in the saws life.

So be very wary when bidding on this sort of thing. You could easily wind up with a 150kg lemon.

Gumby
21st September 2005, 08:44 PM
You could easily wind up with a 150kg lemon.

:eek: :eek: Just imagine the size of the tree for that one ! :eek: :eek:

Dust Mite
21st September 2005, 08:49 PM
Yeah and how would you peel it eh :P

Waldo
21st September 2005, 09:11 PM
G'day,

Forget the size of the lemon, how big would the fish & chips be! :eek:

Dust Mite
21st September 2005, 09:53 PM
Hah!! consider yourself trumped...we had fish and chips tonight ...and you should have seen the size of the fish...it was a whopper I tell yah...:eek:;)

junkboy999
21st September 2005, 10:15 PM
Man I have not had a good fish and chip sence I left England :)

Waldo
21st September 2005, 10:41 PM
G'day Dust Mite,

Now you wouldn't be telling tal stories would ya?

Dust Mite
22nd September 2005, 07:16 PM
Nah M8 only fishy ones ;)