PDA

View Full Version : Daughter's wedding bits

DavidG
21st September 2017, 02:05 PM
My daughter is getting married in Dec and made some requests of me for the wedding.
The theme is rough, rugged wood.
She wants:
A ring slab for the cake to sit on (Not done yet)
Five lolly bowls
Seven candle stick holders for the tables.
A heap of branch slices for her to pyrography the guest name on.
This is my interpretation of the request.

KBs PensNmore
21st September 2017, 05:11 PM
Looks real good David, as to the interpretation, they look as if she'd done them herself.
Congratulations on getting the Daughter Wedded off and the gaining of a Son.:2tsup:
Kryn

Fumbler
22nd September 2017, 10:33 AM
Congratulations on getting the Daughter Wedded off and the gaining of a Son.:2tsup:
Kryn

That is until son in law says 'nice workshop dad, can I borrow some tools?' Then your looking for that all important tool cos it's been borrowed. Hahaha

well done and hope the day goes beautifully.

DavidG
22nd September 2017, 11:06 AM
That is until son in law says 'nice workshop dad, can I borrow some tools?' Then your looking for that all important tool cos it's been borrowed. Hahaha
Too late. That is already happening.:o

This is the pair of nerds who play around with robotics, talk in mathematical language that passes somewhere overhead.
He is doing his PHD in electrical engineering and my daughter is doing her degree in electrical engineering.

Should have said earlier the bottoms of the place name tags are lasered with their names and date of wedding.
The lolly bowls are off tool and not sanded. Forgot the bottom pix

chambezio
22nd September 2017, 11:39 AM
When my daughter got married last year she wanted some tea-light candle holders with a "roughtic theme". I used some Cypress Pine stems about 60mm diameter with some simple turning to house the candle and I left the bark on. To me they were...well rough, but she and the other females at the wedding thought they were just great. One niece who lives in Melbourne, and couldn't make the wedding saw pictures and raved about the holders so I sent down half a dozen. She put in return post a heap of chocolates (for me, the diabetic) as a thank you.
It always amazes me what people "just love" while I think "its too rough". We are all different

DavidG
22nd September 2017, 03:49 PM
You will notice I left the tenon on the bottom so that when the wedding is over I can remount them and turn them into something a little more refined.