PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Facelift

Dalboy
23rd September 2017, 03:42 AM
I have been asked by my dear mum for a bowl she can give to a dear friend as a Christmas present. The friend is quite religious so I cleaned the inside so the finish did not give any problems when using the Pyrography machine. I am happy with the outcome just hope it is what is needed.
I have not decorated more than half a dozen pieces with the machine. I even put a name and wood type on the bottom does this look OK and should I continue to burn this on the bottom of my pieces in other words does it look tidy enough

Fumbler
23rd September 2017, 03:54 AM
When it comes to those of the spiritual type, the words underneath will be inconsequential, as the hands of prayer will over ride what's written beneath the plate. You have done well and if your mums friend is anything like my grandmother (who grew up in a convent) the light will shine on you forever. You never know, you be given some extra devine intervention on your next build.

chambezio
23rd September 2017, 07:54 AM
I think that the picture on the front is a good one and then to record the info on the back in a neat and uniform way is good also. Can you give us some details of your wood burning machine? Is it some sort of automatic printer thing or is the script totally from your hand?

Dalboy
23rd September 2017, 08:26 AM
I think that the picture on the front is a good one and then to record the info on the back in a neat and uniform way is good also. Can you give us some details of your wood burning machine? Is it some sort of automatic printer thing or is the script totally from your hand?

Thank you. I use a hand machine that the family brought as a birthday present last year and I did not use that often until recently so need the practice still lots to learn.

The machine I have is THIS (https://www.oliverswoodturning.co.uk/product/peter-child-pyrography-machine/) one by Peter Child which I like as it means that I can make up my own tips as needed by buying the reels of wire for it

hughie
23rd September 2017, 08:38 AM
I would say you have a first-rate job and its perfect just as it is

Skew ChiDAMN!!
23rd September 2017, 11:32 AM
The sig/text looks fine just as it is.

It is of good quality but still leaves it obvious that the piece is hand made.

Nice job!

Christos
23rd September 2017, 03:15 PM
I think the writing is neat.

The image on the bowl is one that should be well received. Well done on the details.

Paul39
24th September 2017, 12:19 AM
I agree with all of the above posts. Very nice.

Dalboy
24th September 2017, 08:22 AM
Thank you guys.

And the good news is. My dear old mum (94) has seen a photo today via my sister and she loves it and she is sure her friend will be over the moon. So I got that one right

crowie
24th September 2017, 12:04 PM
You're a man of many talents Derek and to honour your mum with such a beautiful gift for her friend just goes to prove you are worthy of the title of a Canterbury English Gentlemen.
Well done sir, cheers Peter

Keith_1
27th September 2017, 04:14 PM
Nice work Derek

You should get a good Christmas present off your mum this year

Regards

Keith

Dalboy
28th September 2017, 09:42 PM
Thank you Peter and Keith. She has seen a picture of it and is over the moon