PDA

View Full Version : A new pepper grinder using one of my blanks

dai sensei
24th September 2017, 09:54 PM
A client liked my cast and stabilised Tassy Myrtle burl pepper grinder blank and requested it be made to suit their existing grinder (relatively plain timber). The cast was slightly smaller than needed, so I kept everything except the ball and base dimensions the same, but I think it still worked out well. He knew I only use Crushgrind Mechanisms but was happy there would be no protruding knob and a better mechanism. He will give it his own 2 pac gloss coat later, so the photos show it sanded and prepped only, straight off the lathe.

420887 420886 420885 420884

Gabriel
24th September 2017, 10:12 PM
Great job again Neil. You certainly nailed the 'copy of the existing' product and for what its worth, I dislike the nut top grinder look so glad your client was happy to make a modification.
Hopefully your client sends you a picture of the final product because as much as I can 'see' the final result the true beauty of both the timber and resin work won't be realized until the gloss goes on - and I'm greedy and wanna see it all!!!!

Thanks for sharing...

Gab

dai sensei
25th September 2017, 10:57 AM
Hopefully your client sends you a picture of the final product because as much as I can 'see' the final result the true beauty of both the timber and resin work won't be realized until the gloss goes on..

He has promised a photo, but it may take a while, as he will wait until another larger job he is doing needs the clear 2 pac. He won't mix some up for just 1 pepper grinder (and why I don't use it)

turnerted
25th September 2017, 04:26 PM
A great job Neil . A quick wipe with some turps may have popped the grain long enough to get a photo to indicate what the finished piece will look like .
Ted