PDA

View Full Version : Vermec deep hollowing system question

mummatoni
12th October 2017, 10:23 PM
Can someone help me i got mine today and was rewatching both Brendan stamp video and also the vermec video of guilleo now here is my dilemma one has the rectangle at the back and the eye of the tool facing forward and the other is the rack nearest the bowl and the eye behind. Havr include the video as speaks louder than me and i am probably confusing the situation. Can anyone with this tool help set me straight please?

https://youtu.be/7B-68Wr9kRA

https://youtu.be/7jRKYXilvuM

keep on plugging away

Willy Nelson
12th October 2017, 10:46 PM
Hello mate
I answered this quite recently in another thread, but noticed that no one had replied to your question yet.
Note: I do not own a deep hollower, yet

I spoke to Enzo a while ago on this and he is adamant that tool be used in the fashion described by Guilio Marcolongo

Whereabouts are you? If in Perth, I may be able to help
Sincerely
Willy

mummatoni
13th October 2017, 01:54 AM
Hello mate
I answered this quite recently in another thread, but noticed that no one had replied to your question yet.
Note: I do not own a deep hollower, yet

I spoke to Enzo a while ago on this and he is adamant that tool be used in the fashion described by Guilio Marcolongo

Whereabouts are you? If in Perth, I may be able to help
Sincerely
WillyTownsville matey but thanks for the offer. Ok tommorrow will try it that way was just checking as there instructions were not much in there at all on this front

keep on plugging away

WOODbTURNER
13th October 2017, 02:52 PM
Enzo gave us a demo when we visited him at his Vermec workshop a few years ago. He definitely had your round "eye" to the front.422012

mummatoni
13th October 2017, 04:36 PM
Enzo gave us a demo when we visited him at his Vermec workshop a few years ago. He definitely had your round "eye" to the front.422012Okay thanks hugely

keep on plugging away

mummatoni
13th October 2017, 04:45 PM
Enzo gave us a demo when we visited him at his Vermec workshop a few years ago. He definitely had your round "eye" to the front.422012The "eye" that made me laugh. Sorry I be honest i had no idea what to call it and my other hobby I am a sewing person sndnyou thread through the eye. Lol so used what made sense to my brain

keep on plugging away

brendan stemp
14th October 2017, 12:56 PM
Both ways work but sleeve end should be closest to the work as the shaft of the tool has little movement when it contacts wood.

mummatoni
14th October 2017, 10:17 PM
Both ways work but sleeve end should be closest to the work as the shaft of the tool has little movement when it contacts wood.Oh ok thanks matey appreciated

keep on plugging away