PDA

View Full Version : Stormwater problem

Tiger
23rd September 2005, 03:18 PM
Dear all,

I mentioned in another thread about some drainage problems I was having. I've bought some channel drain and I am trying to connect it now to the storm water pipe. I have bought a T piece and have cut the 90mm storm water pipe but only one end of the storm water pipe is accessible, what this means is that I cannot get the t piece connector on properly. I then cut the piece of pipe a little attached the t piece and then couldn't connect my pipe to the other end. Someone has told me that you can simply but the ends of the pipe together and it doesn't matter much because the water just stays in the ground. He also said that I could put some concrete around the joins and that should stop any water seeping out.

Is there another way to solve this problem? If I go down the concrete route, how much concrete do I overlap with?

Any advice appreciated.

Eastie
23rd September 2005, 03:33 PM
You should be able to slip both ends of the T piece over the pipes (see attached) if both pipes are just under half way home in the T piece.

Tiger
23rd September 2005, 03:42 PM
You should be able to slip both ends of the T piece over the pipes (see attached) if both pipes are just under half way home in the T piece.

Will the pipes leak as I tried something like what you've suggested and noticed there was leakage at both ends of the T piece?

Auspiciousdna
23rd September 2005, 04:12 PM
Wrap the pipe with glad wrap tightly and then do the concrete thing, I seen it done before, it worked then, can’t see why it wouldn't now!!

If you have to buy a bag of concrete, it’s only 6 buck for a 20kg at bunnings, use the lot. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p>Unless you have use for it elsewhere, the rest usually sits around til it goes off, is what I found.</o:p>

Barry_White
23rd September 2005, 05:13 PM
The pipe shouldn't leak if you glue it with PVC cement. Just be quick.

Tools
23rd September 2005, 05:46 PM
If your pipe is 100mm then there are two options.Use a sewer repair coupling,or an aussie rubber.If it is 90mm I don't know if they make repair couplings (I suspect they do) or again an aussie rubber.

Tools

torquay
23rd September 2005, 11:22 PM
If its 90mm pipe you have but can not get the pipe to go into the ends of the tee piece because you are working between two fixed point's you can get a slip coupling which you will be able to slid freely over the pipe

jasonbrisbane
24th September 2005, 12:49 AM
I used pvc plumbing glue on the t piece and a repair collar on the downpipe,works a treat!

Tiger
24th September 2005, 08:12 AM
It is 90 mm pipe. How do you seal the slip coupling? Would silicone work?

jasonbrisbane
24th September 2005, 09:36 AM
the repair collar has a rubber/foam insert and the the plastic collar holds the 90mm pipe securely as there is no pressure anyway.It wont leak.The coupling only costs about $5 from bunnings.