PDA

View Full Version : How to challenge ISO 9001 rating?

Yip
2nd May 2002, 06:41 PM
After purchasing most of my Triton gear almost a year ago, I decided to lash out and get the things I really wanted. One of those was the Router and the Finger Joint kit.

On opening the router immediately I noticed numerous small 1 - 2 mm scratches under the perpex guard.

The Finger Joint kit, with someones greasy fingerprints all over it.

Does anyone know how to challenge an ISO 9001 rating?

Kev Y.
2nd May 2002, 10:58 PM
Dont worry doorstop, the ISO 9001 rating is only of concern to US Tritoneers.. for owners of BBBL's it dont matter http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/tongue.gif

peter
3rd May 2002, 01:26 PM
Unfortunately the ISO9001 accreditation means thats you have proceedures and tracability on all parts of your organisation that are ISO9001 rated. This rating does not mean that prodcuts will not be faulty however the company in question can track back and find out where the problem occurred. It is seen by some (many) people as a bit of a w**k and just another way of some people getting rich and justifying jobs.

P.S. I DO NOT work for Triton........

DPB
3rd May 2002, 04:20 PM
I suspect Triton had nothing to do with finger marks and scratches. Sounds to me like the dealer sold you product that was returned, or on display, or perhaps used for demonstrations.

I have always been impressed with the spotless and scratch-free nature of the Triton products I've purchase. And I don't work for Triton either! (Of course - I may have been blinded by the orange glow.)

------------------

Eastie
3rd May 2002, 04:27 PM
Oh, the field day one could have here ...

Yip
3rd May 2002, 04:55 PM
Both the Finger Joint Kit and Router were in sealed boxes!!

DOH!

Triton man came around today and replaced the router. He said that the Finger Jointer was probably manually inspected before packaging and therefore the prints but no comment on the router scratches.

My understanding of an ISO accreditation is that the company maintains an extremely high standard of their entire process. If that's wrong, bad luck! It's what I expect, and in product presentation to me the end user, my experience is that Triton falls down badly. Sure they'll fix the problem, but they are doing the same job twice instead of once.

Jump in Eastie!

Yip

[This message has been edited by Yip (edited 03 May 2002).]

soundman
4th May 2002, 01:02 PM
Quality assurance procedures and acreditation do not measure quality. The essence is that a procedure is laid down and documented, adherance to that procedure is called compliance, failure to adhere is called non colpliance. you can go on.
Quality assurance is a system thing, the actual quality of the job is still up to the supplier to enforce.
We had a big to do over QA a few years ago in QLD with government contracts all blew over though.
You seem to have had some joy from Triton the old rules apply if you have a problem speak to the supplier.

barrysumpter
8th May 2002, 08:17 PM
There have been numerous problems with Triton equipment and I'm sure there still are.

There have been quite a few problems posted here that Triton have corrected. There are QA people there who take this very seriously and QA measure in place.

I've got just about everything and havn't had a packaging problem as yet.

But the follow up service and value for money far outweights the problems I've had.

All the best.