PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Christmas Ornament Challenge

Christos
22nd October 2017, 03:11 PM
2017 Christmas Ornament Challenge

As Christmas is coming up it might be a good idea to have a Christmas Ornament Challenge.

It was suggested that this challenge could be done in two sections, something for the Christmas tree or a table ornament(s). I will leave that up to the individual to decide on what they would like to make. If I have a fair amount of members wishing to participate in both categories then I will spilt the challenge in two.

Of course there has to be some guidelines to follow.

Start Date
Any time from now
End Date
Sunday 17th December at 18:00

Material
At least 50 percent made from wood.

How to Enter
Just reply in this thread that you wish to enter.

Submissions
All entries are to be sent via email to Christos(I will supply email address to those that enter) by Sunday 17th of December no later than 18:00. The time and date stamp for my region is Australian Eastern Time. Please try and send up to 6 photos on what you have created as a work in progress.

As the voting will be done by the members of the forum please do not post your entry on any other part of the forum or internet.

So who wishes to be challenged?

Christos
1st November 2017, 06:17 AM
Certainly some members would be making something for Christmas?

Or is it more likely that everyone who will is going to leave this to the last minute? :o

Gabriel
1st November 2017, 07:10 AM
Just saw this one - if I have time I'll give it a shot (don't expect too much though)

woodPixel
3rd November 2017, 12:00 PM
Im in.

Benny_
3rd November 2017, 03:45 PM
Might give it a shot. Don't expect too much from me either :unsure:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
3rd November 2017, 05:57 PM
I'd like to play. :D

Sadly it's unlikely I'll find sufficient free time to take on any projects, however what I have in mind should only take a few short(ish) sessions to finish so 'tis still a possibility...

Christos
6th November 2017, 10:50 AM
Thats excellent we have a start of a competition, we certainly need more people.

joe greiner
6th November 2017, 04:38 PM
I'm in.

ClaudeF
7th November 2017, 11:44 AM
I've got one I just finished carving - have yet to paint it... but, I can be done by December.

Claude

Amber2589
8th November 2017, 02:27 PM
I’m interested!

Benny_
16th November 2017, 08:59 AM
I'm in. Got something going now :)

Christos
17th November 2017, 09:09 AM
That's cool we have a competition. It is less than a month before the entries have to be in.

I will PM everyone an email address that they can send the photos of their projects.

chambezio
17th November 2017, 09:41 AM
Can I put my hand up also?

Quinny01
19th November 2017, 07:18 PM
I'll have a shot too

crowie
19th November 2017, 07:41 PM
I'm in too Christos....

DaveVman
26th November 2017, 10:28 AM
I just noticed this thread.
It just happens that I'm finishing a couple of table items. I'd be happy to submit them just for interest sake. They won't win a competition though. They are a couple of very simple things a beginner like me can do easily without investing a lot of time or needing special tools.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

crowie
4th December 2017, 10:03 PM
Has anyone received a competition email address from Christos??

woodPixel
5th December 2017, 12:21 AM
I remain Christo-less.

:)

DaveVman
5th December 2017, 01:52 AM
Nup nada zip
But I gave away the items I made and the recipients were happy. So I won already.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Benny_
6th December 2017, 02:31 PM
I have not received an email yet, no

Christos
7th December 2017, 02:50 PM
Sorry guys. I have been without access to the internet for a little while.

I have created an email address and will be sending PM to the members that are taking part on this competition.

Christos
11th December 2017, 11:03 AM
Please note that I have sent a new PM to the members that have entered the challenge as I had to create a new email address.

If you have not received a PM from me please let me know.

Thank You

Christos
13th December 2017, 06:55 AM
Just a reminder the deadline of the 17th will be coming up soon. For those that have not sent their photos to the email address(the gmail one) please do it quickly.

No pressure, :U it is after all a fun activity. :hapy:

Christos
18th December 2017, 12:03 PM
Please cast your vote on this thread.
http://www.woodworkforums.com/f254/2017-christmas-ornament-challenge-vote-218608

crowie
26th December 2017, 01:07 PM
I've got one I just finished carving - have yet to paint it... but, I can be done by December.

Claude

Congratulation Claude on winning the Christmas Challenge....

Looks like I got a third place...

BUT who did the turning which came in second...

Cheers, crowie

shirleyz
2nd February 2018, 03:44 AM
Very Nice

crowie
2nd February 2018, 03:23 PM
G'Day & Welcome to the Great Southern Land and to a top forum "Shirleyz".
There are quite a few members from North American and the rest of the world.....
You'll find a heap of helpful & knowledgeable blokes & ladies on the forum and for most very willing to assist.
Make sure you show off your handiwork as everyone loves a photo, especially WIP [Work In Progress] photos with build notes.
Enjoy the forum.
Enjoy your woodwork.....
Cheers from On Top DownUnder, crowie

Christos
13th February 2018, 03:32 PM
Welcome to the forum.