PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a Planer - Help!

Jock_Jock
30th June 2002, 08:30 PM
I have just purchased the planer attachment to fit to my triton 2000. I have a B&D professional planer and i'm having trouble fitting the handle bracket. Because the fence mounting holes are about 55 mm from the front of the planer it sits right up at the end of the assembly. This means that the rear clamp position only just allows the clamp to contact the handle.
The Handle bracket cant fit into the slots on the main assembly and allow enough room to fit the handle clamp behind it.
It appears I will have to relocate the handle bracket further towards the front of the assembly by drilling some extra holes. Will this weaken the assembly or is there some alternative. I want to explore the options before I return the attachment as I can't afford to buy another planer.
Thanks

Yip
30th June 2002, 09:37 PM
http://www.triton.net.au/cgi-bin/faq/faq_view.cgi?index=5

"The Triton Planer Attachment Kit is designed to accept most 82mm electronic planers. The requirements are that the planer has front fence holes and that it is no longer than 315mm from the front fence holes to the rear of the planer. Specification diagram available on request."

From looking at the pretty pictures in the A&O Instructions, it appears that the planer may need to have fence holes closer to its front.

Call Triton customer service.

[This message has been edited by Yip (edited 30 June 2002).]