PDA

View Full Version : Sharping practice

Simplicity
9th November 2017, 10:26 PM
Lots of sharping practice been happening on this one.
Obviously the last person needs a little bit more but ran out of saw.

Cheers matt

https://www.ebay.com.au/i/222705133529

Bushmiller
10th November 2017, 09:22 AM
Matt

No blade; Butchered handle. You would be buying the saw screws and paying extra on freight for the rest of the useless saw.

That has about the same amount of appeal as a second hand prophylactic.

:)

Regards
Paul

Simplicity
10th November 2017, 11:24 AM
Matt

No blade; Butchered handle. You would be buying the saw screws and paying extra on freight for the rest of the useless saw.

That has about the same amount of appeal as a second hand prophylactic.

:)

Regards
Paul

I think your being a bit harsh there Paul
If you wanted another 10/15 mm of vintage saw plate to Practice saw sharping on that is a great candidate.
But only if they drop the price a fair amount, free shipping and thro in a package of prophylactic.

Cheers Matt

tonzeyd
10th November 2017, 07:05 PM
how does a saw get anywhere near that condition to begin with??

Would hate to imagine the number of shoulder reconstructions this saw has caused to have it requiring that many sharpenings to get the saw to that state.

Bushmiller
10th November 2017, 08:07 PM
Tonzeyd

I think that saw is a what I shall euphemistically call a "composite." Others would describe it as bastardised. The handle does not fit the plate and the back and plate ....well who knows what they come from. however the real indignity is that somebody should think that it is worth money. $5.00 for the saw screws maybe. What are you going to put the Disston medallion on?

Actually I just had another look at the listing. The back may be the most useful part if a person was looking for spares. Cancel any value I might have attributed to the saw screws as I see one of them is slotted both sides!

Regards
Paul

aarggh
11th November 2017, 09:09 PM
Only 2 days left on the listing, must hurry up and bid gents! :-)

cheers, Ian