PDA

View Full Version : Soldiers on Parade

Dalboy
14th November 2017, 09:03 PM
I seemed to have gone through a period of having lost interest in going out into the shed. So to kick start myself I went and turned a pen then got on and finished the Nut Cracker soldier that I had started now I can't get enough shed time and have another two turning projects on the go.
Anyway on to the completed soldiers.
Not my design but Colwin Way's published in the Woodturner magazine. I did change what they are holding. The family wanted something like this so I made extras which have now been snapped up already.

crowie
14th November 2017, 09:27 PM
Love them Derek… Very colourful and well detailed sir. Easy to see why they went so quickly, Cheers, Peter

KBs PensNmore
15th November 2017, 12:10 AM
What can I say, beautiful work, love the detailing.
Kryn

Fumbler
15th November 2017, 02:31 AM
I seemed to have gone through a period of having lost interest in going out into the shed.

dust my ears deceive me? Del a man of your talent saying such a thing as 'losing interest in going out into the shed', i know it's cooling down over there (as I start digging out my winter woollies to pack and bring with me, as spending xmas with the outlaws in cheery Chelmsford) but not enough to avoid the mans place of worship. even with no jobs on the go its still a nice place to hang out away from the Minister.

Nice work by the way.

Dalboy
15th November 2017, 03:29 AM
Thank you all.

Love them Derek… Very colourful and well detailed sir. Easy to see why they went so quickly, Cheers, Peter

I started with only two of these spoken for and was going to take the remaining three to a craft fair but the near I got to completion I got those word " I think so and so would like one as a present" untill none left for craft fairs.

dust my ears deceive me? Del a man of your talent saying such a thing as 'losing interest in going out into the shed', i know it's cooling down over there

Nothing to do with the cold even though it is getting colder I have a heater on 24/7 in the shed just to keep the chill out and stop condensation. I just had a period of about three weeks where I just could not get back after my mum was ill. Today I have started a third piece of turning so now have three on the go at the same time. Anyway must go have my tea and get ready off out to the woodturning club I belong to.

Keith_1
15th November 2017, 09:06 AM
They are beautiful Derek.

How tall are they.

They would look fantastic on the Christmas lunch table.

Can understand about "losing interest in the shed" a bit. So much stuff you can do when retired - don't know how we had time to work.

Keep up your FANTASTIC work

Regards

Keith

Dalboy
15th November 2017, 09:20 AM
Thank you Keith hopefully back in the swing of things now. The soldiers are 13 1/2" tall

Keith_1
16th November 2017, 07:56 AM
Wow - larger than I thought - top work