PDA

View Full Version : Broken baseplate on the saw

Kev Y.
1st July 2002, 10:42 PM
Greetings all, I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem with the TRITON saw yet.

I am not sure HOW or WHEN but I have managed to put a lovely frature across the front of the basepalte of my saw.. A new one is going to cost me around $89.00

I was looking at he plates on other saws today in the local "toy store" and noticed that he TRITON saw plate appears to be a casting/moulding where as the others are made from what looks like flat plate metal.

Any ideas?

Kev.

------------------
IF at first you don't succeed, relax your normal.

Yip
4th July 2002, 02:48 PM
Have you discussed this with Triton? It may be an issue which they are aware of.

btw how do I relax my normal?

Driver
22nd June 2003, 05:55 PM
Brudda

Did you get a response from Triton on this? I've just discovered a similar problem with my Triton saw. It's got a fracture clean through the front RH corner of the base plate. Don't know when I did it. I noticed the crack yesterday for the first time when I was fitting the height winder kit. The saw sits permanently in my 2000 workcentre and it's never been dropped.

I emailed Triton yesterday. Be interesting to see a response from them. When I've contacted them in the past they've been very helpful.

Driver