PDA

View Full Version : Help with Aldi Taurus 'Dremel' type tool

Tccp123
23rd November 2017, 11:09 AM
I recently bought this second hand, and for the price it seems OK though I'm not expecting great things from it:

But there's one component in the case who's purpose totally eludes me:

It looks like a monopod for a camera but it has an offset bit on the bottom and although the piece on the top looks like it's designed for the tool to be clamped it's not a very good fit.

Anyone got any idea what it is?

Thanks,
Tony

DavidG
23rd November 2017, 11:16 AM
You clamp it to the bench and hang the motor on it when using the flexible extension shaft
It is upside down in photo

Tccp123
23rd November 2017, 12:09 PM
Thank you, thank you thank you!!!

Robson Valley
23rd November 2017, 01:41 PM
When you're ready to go with the motor hanger, let the flex-shaft hang straight down
and run the motor at medium rpm for a minute or more. Lubrication thing.
I've been running a Dremel clone for years.
Not daily and the performance is all I ever asked for.

Don't insert any tool tip shank all the way.
In all the way, out 2-3mm then clamp.
Far easier to remove/exchange.

Handyjack
23rd November 2017, 08:00 PM
I am not sure, but it looks like the post coming off the clamp needs to be relocated. The screw clamp and post shoud be in the same verticle plane when in use. It might be like that just so it all fits in the box.

DavidG
23rd November 2017, 08:46 PM
The post screws into the side or the top of the clamp depending on what you need to clamp to.

Tccp123
23rd November 2017, 09:00 PM
I am not sure, but it looks like the post coming off the clamp needs to be relocated. The screw clamp and post shoud be in the same verticle plane when in use. It might be like that just so it all fits in the box.

Give me 5 mins to go down to the garage to check...

Tccp123
23rd November 2017, 09:05 PM
Yes you're correct...but DavidG is MORE correct! :) It can be attached in either of two positions.

Thanks to both of you for your eagle eyed observations.