PDA

View Full Version : Pens from Dymondwood

Ruffy
26th September 2005, 01:14 PM
These 4 pens are kits from Pen Turners Paradise, they are 3 of the streamline and one of the cross type.

L-R Streamline in Upgraded Gold, Cross type in Titanium Gold, Streamline in Titanium Gold and Streamline in Chrome

dai sensei
26th September 2005, 10:46 PM
Interesting pens Ruffy. I was just looking at blanks similar to those in Bris Carbatec this week and was wondering how they would turn out.

bdar
26th September 2005, 11:03 PM
Hi Ruffy,

Nice pens, you can get some really good colours in diamond wood, only had a problem once when trimming the barrel end, it cracked on one of the veneers, a bit of CA and problem was fixed. The kits are Berea kits aren't they? Haven't used them yet. Has the stream line kit have a larger center band than the slimlines? Once again nice pens.

Cheers

Darren

Sir Stinkalot
26th September 2005, 11:17 PM
Ruffy .....good looking pens.
I was going to ask you if you thought the premium pens were worth the extra money but after reading your signature line it may be a conflict of interest ;)

gatiep
27th September 2005, 10:06 PM
Good looking pens Ruffy. Any idea how much and what size the dymond wood blanks are?

Ruffy
30th September 2005, 08:33 AM
Good looking pens Ruffy. Any idea how much and what size the dymond wood blanks are?

Hi Joe,

Will let you know soon, will be travelling to the USA in a couple of weeks and should have exact prices, sizes, colours etc when I get back.

clubbyr8
30th September 2005, 09:01 AM
Joe,

I won an auction on EBay for 25 Dymondwood blanks plus 1 corn cob blank. Cost $75 including postage.

This is the site: http://www.rrpwhite.com/ where you can deal direct. They are great people to deal with. Sorry for hijacking the thread Ruffy.

Bob

Ruffy
30th September 2005, 07:23 PM
No problems Bob,

I have dealt with Steven & Carol as well. And yes you are right they are great people to deal with :D

Their product is high quality and their service is excellent.

gatiep
30th September 2005, 08:56 PM
Ruffy

I just noticed Carbatec in Perth have quite a few different colours etc of Dymondwood. The price is quoted per meter. The 125 mm x 38 mm is about $40 per meter and will be sold in lengths of 100 mm which will work out approx 50 c per pen blank.