PDA

View Full Version : Router baseplate screws

David McWilliam
25th June 2002, 07:15 AM
I have bought the triton router and am in the process of making a table for it. When I took the screws out of the baseplate I found they were short 6mm countersunk bolts. I have been trying to buy longer bolts (about 25mm) but the thread seems to be of a different(wider pitch)than standard metric threads. The situation is a little more difficult in that I am doing this in France. I was going to call the UK office of Triton but guessed somebody here would know the answer.
In short, what thread should I be looking for (not necessarily in French) http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/smile.gif

Sandy Johnston
25th June 2002, 10:56 AM
I too was currenttly experiencing similar problems with my RE601. I want to mount the router in a home built table on a 5mm alli base plate. I'm not using the router's base plate and I beleive the screws to be too thin to hold the weight but there are holes tapped into the baseplate that take 8mm bolts. But I need countersunk heads. Answer - automotive door hinge mounting screws - same shape, same thread and strong enough for the job at hand. Got 'em from a wrecker for nuffin!!

Happy hunting
Regards
Sandy across the ditch

Sandy Johnston
25th June 2002, 11:02 AM
I too was currenttly experiencing similar problems with my RE601. I want to mount the router in a home built table on a 5mm alli base plate. I'm not using the router's base plate and I beleive the screws to be too thin to hold the weight but there are holes tapped into the baseplate that take 8mm bolts. But I need countersunk heads. Answer - automotive door hinge mounting screws - same shape, same thread and strong enough for the job at hand. Got 'em from a wrecker for nuffin!!

Happy hunting
Regards
Sandy across the ditch

David McWilliam
10th July 2002, 12:43 PM
Thanks,
The official word from Triton is that 1/4" UNC or BSW thread will fit. I didn't expect metric and imperial bolts to mixed on the same product I guess!