PDA

View Full Version : New Toy

Dalboy
5th January 2018, 07:32 AM
A new toy arrived today as I asked for money as Christmas presents so I could get things I wanted.

Not a turning tool but for use on my turning

Got this airbrush to do some decorating of my turning this is for finer work not general coverage like my other one and finer than the other two cheapy brushes that came with the compressor. Made by Harder and Steenbeck and certainly feel like quality even if it is the cheaper one in their range.

Can't wait to play but other jobs to do first but have some ideas at how I want to decorate some of the rims of bowls and also the outside of a few hollow forms.

crowie
5th January 2018, 08:05 AM
I'll be watching for your new detailing soon Derek...
Nice spend come Christmas Gift..
Cheers, Peter

splinterz25
9th January 2018, 12:10 PM
Very Nice clean it after every use and it should last you a life time, look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Bruce

crowie
9th January 2018, 05:57 PM
G'Day Derek, I mentioned your beaut gift to a mate who teaches air brushing and he said that for timber he just uses "food colouring" to colour the timber.... Just a pass on, cheers, Peter

Keith_1
9th January 2018, 07:09 PM
Top present Derek.

Look forward to seeing your work. Will be top notch of course :2tsup:

Regards

Keith

Dalboy
10th January 2018, 09:20 AM
Thank you Bruce Peter and Keith. I do have a good selection of mediums to use already. I look forward to having a good play with it once some of the other things are out of the way. I am sure it will be cleaned every time I use it like I do with the cheaper ones i own nothing worse than having dirty tools