PDA

View Full Version : Owner Builder

Craig Pywell
29th September 2005, 02:58 PM
Has anybody had any experience with a company called Home Building Systems who handle the project management of owner builders for a small fee.

Thanks in advance.

Craig.

leeton
29th September 2005, 03:15 PM
A mate of mine is investigating that system at the moment, sounds terrific on paper, I will see if I can get some more info for you.

ozwinner
29th September 2005, 07:32 PM
Has anybody had any experience with a company called Home Building Systems who handle the project management of owner builders for a small fee.

Thanks in advance.

Craig.

But doent that defeat the purpose of being an OB?

Al :confused:

Dan_574
29th September 2005, 09:42 PM
I was one of the first in victoria to try them and the first to get a loan with NAB through them. It cost me about $5000 and I still owed them another $3000 but that was with held. I do believe the cost has come down considerably. They dont really manage the project, I got a book and it was like a contract type arrangement where the tradie gave a quote and signed saying they will provide what was in the quote at the quoted price, the owner like wise signed and gave an undertaking that they would pay. The only reason I did it was to get a loan because everyone knows how hard it is to get money as an owner builder due a bad reputation. Im not sure how the new system works and would love to here about it.

bitingmidge
29th September 2005, 10:09 PM
I too would love to see how it works.

Small fee= small service (maybe no service at all)!!

If I could get a small fee from everyone, and do nothing, I don't think it would be long before I was doing nothing full time.

Small fee, no responsibilitee.

I like the sound of that!

Cheers,

P (Looking forward to reading more!)
:D :D :D

echnidna
30th September 2005, 10:22 AM
I too would love to see how it works.

Small fee= small service (maybe no service at all)!!

If I could get a small fee from everyone, and do nothing, I don't think it would be long before I was doing nothing full time.

Small fee, no responsibilitee.

I like the sound of that!

Cheers,

P (Looking forward to reading more!)
:D :D :D

So you would like to be the meat in the sandwich? :D :D

Craig Pywell
30th September 2005, 05:18 PM
Gday Dan574
Thanks for the response. Do you have a contact name for this organisation?

Craig.

Dan_574
30th September 2005, 06:11 PM
No sorry Craig not anymore, I dealt with them last year.

Wassy
30th September 2005, 11:27 PM
Craig, take a look at http://www.homebuildingsystem.com.au/HBS_home.html

We are in the middle of deciding whether to owner build or not.

HBS have 2 fees, the 1st is about $3000 and gets you all the info to get started, 100+ free plans, guides on how to OB, quote forms etc. It does not however get them to manage the project for you, you will need to do that.

The 2nd fee is $7700 and includes the inspections the banks require for you to get the finance. Without HBS you will be lucky to get 60% finance, with it you can get up to 80% of the end valuation (ie what you house and land will be worth upon completion).

Your fee will also include a discount card that will get you alot of discounts on major supplies.

Take a look at the website and give them a ring, they chap I spoke to was very helpful.

Cheers,
Mat